Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthor question to go along with chop top stance is how low can you drop a dakota on 20x9.5s with as little cuting as possible or none at all(already cut so much crap of the truck its not even funny)??

·
Registered
464 Posts
those may be too wide for the front......as far as the chop top
Look up WickedSled on streetsourcemag.com (not sure if thats the right spelling of his name) i looked into doing it but it wasn't worth it to me) and there is a guy from the old version of this site that did it....and it came out clean but it looked like crap IMHO and others opinions.
Josh

·
Registered
867 Posts
That looks different, but i dont know if i like the way it looks too much compared to a non chopped top dak...

·
Registered
464 Posts
It was finished he ended up filling in the side windows and put an Old school oval rear window in it....came out but ugly IMHO

·
Registered
161 Posts
It was finished he ended up filling in the side windows and put an Old school oval rear window in it....came out but ugly IMHO
I hate the look of filled in side windows. The oval window doesnt sound to pretty either. I would still like to see some pics of it finished though.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
I believe he took 4.5" outta the roof line when he did the chop. I kind of agree with KaoticDakota. I didn't really like the look of the oval rear window and filled in side windows of the finished product. Here's a pic when the side windows were getting filled. Take notice of the uncut stock windshield laying up against the opening. The actual windshield opening is below the tinted upper section.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dam that looks crazy...not to bad.I would only take out like 2 1/2-3 inches at most.It looks like it would have been better left with the 4 inch and just changed the windows, not get rid of them.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i think he said he used 4 donor dakota roofs...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those 9.5 are for sure too wide in the front I have 8.5's and those are pretty tight, and as for that chop top... not a big fan Always thought about doin the side windows though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts