Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how many people here use clay bars and what methods they use for the best results? Also are there differences between different brands or are all of them just about the same? I've never used one but have heard a lot of good things about them and am really considering buying one so any recommendations you can make would be helpful.

Also what other tips do you have for taking care of your paint? I know on this website there are a lot more truck owners geared towards 'show trucks' than performance, so I figured this would be a good place to ask. Let's hear it!

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
i use a clay bar....they work great man deff worth the $. Not sure about the brands, but i am prob going to buy a new one soon and i will let you know. also you can use mine if ya want, since i have no dak right now

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i use a clay bar....they work great man deff worth the $. Not sure about the brands, but i am prob going to buy a new one soon and i will let you know. also you can use mine if ya want, since i have no dak right now
That would kick ass i'd love to try it out, maybe I can come get it from you at work one day? I'm not busy Thurs/Fri. I'll just try it on the hood or something so I don't use it all up or whatever and if I like it i'll just go out and buy my own.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
That would kick ass i'd love to try it out, maybe I can come get it from you at work one day? I'm not busy Thurs/Fri. I'll just try it on the hood or something so I don't use it all up or whatever and if I like it i'll just go out and buy my own.
yeah thats cool man, you can you bring my DVDs then too since i cant just come get them

·
Registered
92 Posts
i used the clay bar back when i use to wash my truck left the paint smooth ass hell the one i bought came whith a spray lubricant you spray that first then you rub the clay and you sell all kind of shit stuck on there

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i used mothers clay kit and meguiars quickclay. they're about the same. check autopia carcare for premium brands.

i found claybars are useful for minimizing waterspots on my truck

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used mothers clay kit and meguiars quickclay. they're about the same. check autopia carcare for premium brands.

i found claybars are useful for minimizing waterspots on my truck
Cool, I think i'm going to get the Mothers kit. I've been to autopia a couple times briefly in the past few days, seems like a very good website full of good information.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use them...when its done right, and after a good wax, your shit will be smooth as a babies ass and shine deeper than ever. Its time cosuming but worth the finished product

·
Registered
138 Posts
I always just use them on little stop or secions of my truck. Next time I wax I guess I will do the whole truck though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Clay Bars are a MUST for any detail junkie. I had my brake pads dissapate on me comin back from a long road trip. Brake and metal dust ended up stickin to the paint along my door. Washing would not take it off, but the clay bar did. A MUST!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts