Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for some compressors (brand) that aren't that loud, but i don't want to sacrifice to much speed. What would you guys recommend from your experience. Is there anything you wouldn't recommend?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how do ya protect them from rain and other elements if there under the bed, or du ya even need to? Also how fast are they?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
djwolf37 said:
So how looud is it compared to others :confused:
I think all compressors are going to be about the same amount of noise. Just make sure they are mounted properly with the rubber isolators and you will have minimal noise. They also create vibration, so keep that in mind when mounting. If you are concerned about noise, go with a belt driven compressor or nitrogen.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
admin said:
I think all compressors are going to be about the same amount of noise. Just make sure they are mounted properly with the rubber isolators and you will have minimal noise. They also create vibration, so keep that in mind when mounting. If you are concerned about noise, go with a belt driven compressor or nitrogen.
so would a belt driven be as fast as a compressor or two? Also this setup is for a daily driver, so converting the ac isn't something i really want to do. As far as nitrogen goes, would it stay filled or would i need to get more nitrogen sooner or later? Also how reliable is the nitrogen setup, i heard it isn't the best for a daily driver.

·
Registered
69 Posts
djwolf37 said:
i am looking for some compressors (brand) that aren't that loud, but i don't want to sacrifice to much speed. What would you guys recommend from your experience. Is there anything you wouldn't recommend?
you won't really find any then unless you want to use a EDC (sanden or york). The best electric comp on the market right now is the Air Zenith, but it's pretty loud, but VERY fast on fill time.

hit us up at 1.866.FUK.NLOW and we'll hook you up :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yea the Air Zenith does the work of 2 450's damn near.. They are a lil bit louder than the 450 but you would love the difference in performance..

Rick
FMKustoms

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FMKustoms said:
Yea the Air Zenith does the work of 2 450's damn near.. They are a lil bit louder than the 450 but you would love the difference in performance..

Rick
FMKustoms
Really....so one air zenith would be enough for my dak, or should i go with two of them. (i will be playing around a decent amount)

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FMKustoms said:
Well 1 would get the job done.. But 2 would cut down your fill time alot... Hit me up and ill take care of ya on the prices..
i will do that as soon as i start buying parts for a bag setup...Thanls again :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its been a while, just putting my 2 cents in, I went from 2 viar 450's to a belt driven, and from 0-150 psi with the viars was about 1-12 min, with the belt driven compressor, 0-150 was NO MORE than 75 SECONDS! Recovery time was heaven. But u have to "pay to play" no a/c or slow recovery, ur choice....

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jin-eu said:
you won't really find any then unless you want to use a EDC (sanden or york). The best electric comp on the market right now is the Air Zenith, but it's pretty loud, but VERY fast on fill time.

hit us up at 1.866.FUK.NLOW and we'll hook you up :cool:
so ya think the air Zenith is alot louder, or just a little louder than the others (like viair)

·
Registered
239 Posts
uh sorry to revamp an old post, but what all do you have to do to convert the air conditioning system to a compressor????? I'm going all show with my truck, and this sounds like a wonderful idea......let me know.

Bk

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey i remember this thread.....just in case anyone cares about an update, i ended up getting a air zenith. The thing is loud as hell! Its not fast enough for my 12 gal tank, so i ended up buying a second one that's in the mail right now...i cant wait to see and hear how fast/loud two of these monsters will be in my bed

1 - 20 of 28 Posts