Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Cory I have have a 98 Dakota Sport since I was 16 now 5 years later i have time to spend with it. I have a 2.5L 4cyl 5spd. Right now it's nothing special. The really only mod to it is that I bought MTX's custom thunderform for it and replaced the stereo and speakers. I just threw on a dual exhaust and looking to go farther.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would want to put a factory tach in but i don't know what needs to be done to do that. Also I will be having it painted this spring midnight blue. Thats about as far as I got. I did install the MTX Thunderform for the ext cab I have.

I was hoping for input on what i can do for a 4cyl for the engine to increasse performance. its also a 5spd

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
Not a lot you can do to the 4 banger for performance other than yanking it outta there and dropping in a V8. There's a whole lot more you can do for performance mods to a V8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I kinda new that already. But there is enough that I have found so far that will help. I'm not looking for a killer but better then what I got now.

Have you or anyone ever placed a factory tach in the truck before. Mine cme without and I want to use the dodge guages instead of mounting a tach somewhere.

·
Registered
230 Posts
welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
it prolly already has the wire in the connector for the cluster if you already have the cluster try just plugging the connector into the cluster with the tach they most likely used the same harness for both

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wasn't exactly sure but i figured it wanted to be sure. If i can find one with a tach i'll give it a shoot. Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts