Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would or are you guys using for computers. I want to upgread. I am leaning more tords the Mopar Performance PCM. How is the jet chips and other tuners compared. I would love to get the HyperPac but thats to expensive.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Stay away from the Hypers...not worth the money. I also had a jet stage 2 chip once and dynoed 5 hp and 10TQ from her, not worth it for $300+ in my opinion! Bubt that depends on who you talk to!

I dont know what year truck you have, but A mopar PCM is a great upgrade to a 1998-1999 model year truck. 2000+ you have to have a custom flash done, no other option. The benifits of a PCM is its a learning computer and will learn what mods you have and adjust accordinly. Having a flash done is something you should wait to do until all your mods are done or you will be paying $300 plus to have ot upgraded everytime you want to have something else added. Look for them used on ebay, but make sure you have or dont have the security option on your truck before you buy it. A security PCM will not work on a truck without it and vis versa. www.ebay.com

As far as piggybacks, I have a SMT6 added to my Mopar PCM and its very nice. Its a labtop adjustable tuner that changes Air/fuel, adjust fule injectors and all sorts of shit. Good upgrade, but expensive! you can find it here: www.perfectpower.com

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah like Brad said a PCM is the way to go. The jet chips really do nothing at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts