Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering mainly who makes the best lower control arms now? I heard brislands were the best, but I dont think they are in business anymore. And then I heard bad things about DJM and AIM. I am just about to get underway in installing an air setup on my 98 dakota club cab. I plan on going with a FBSS and trying to make it lay frame on big rims (20's or 22's). I did alot of research before in the summer, and had a list of everything I needed to do pretty much to get it to lay frame, but since then my computer went to poop and I lost everything. Are lower control arms an absolute nessicity? What is everything I have to do to get it to lay frame? Notch it, relocate battery, 4-link (tri is best? just gotta relocate gas tank?). WHat else is needed exactly? Thanks for any help again! Veyr appreciated!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Control arms arent' a necessisty depending on a few things.....some people have modified lowering lower control arms to accept bags i have air-arms from aim...they' kind suck but not too bad......with 22"s be ready to cut lots.....the 4link i prefer triangulated yes some people have different opinions but if its quality and installed properly its all good. if you run a non-revers 4 link you'll have to relocate your tank or get a cell.....i just built one for mine. Battery is a good idea anyways to make some room up front. The easiest way is to get what you need and dive in. I'm in the middle of body droping my 01 club cab 4.7 on 20"s an 22"s so you came to the right place there's lots of help on these boards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So exactly what difference would lower control arms make? Is it possible to do a complete body drop on 20's or 22's laying frame and door? Just wondering thanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
not sure i'll tell ya how it turns out.

·
Registered
464 Posts
how much?

·
Registered
464 Posts
rightnow for some reason i'm not getting enough negative camber to lay it out.....i was thinkin about machining a piece about 3/4" thick that would bolt on the lower balljoint between the BJ and the lower control arm. it would move the BJ and spindle out about 3/4"-1" and that would give me some more camber and more drop....or am i dr3amin up the wrong tree.

·
Registered
464 Posts
2"

·
Registered
464 Posts
bah double post

1 - 11 of 11 Posts