Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonderin if anyone has switched from drums to discs for a 99-03?? is it easy? any specific brands?? let me know thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Stainless Steel Brake Corporation has a really nice kit......I'm wantin to do it...but the dakota is going into storage.....Bags are fun an all but Boost is better lol (my opinion)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks I was actually lookin at that kit. Boost is way fun too, love the sound of that blowoff valve.... just becareful with that 7.... their backends get really light at high speeds

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got 4 wheel abs and posi factory on mine and it came with drum brakes......PIX?

·
Smurf
263 Posts
in '03 they had both disc and drun brakes on the dakota i am not for sure whrn they exactly started that but they did have both

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
KaoticDakota said:
I've got 4 wheel abs and posi factory on mine and it came with drum brakes......PIX?
pics i take don't clearly show the disc behind the stock rim... in my sig you can navigate to a scan of the window sticker that was on my dak, hosted at my cardomain page. looking closer at that, i don't think i have limited slip (sorry for the mis-info) -- and the anti lock is rear wheel only

·
Registered
528 Posts
yeah i changed over to the rear disc brake on my dakota it was the kit from stainless steel brake corp. i got the front slotted rotors and the slotted rotors for the back to since my wheels r wide open now but anyhoot i had to get redrilled(my lug is 5 on 4.5 but any way the stainless brake kit is a great kit easy to install as long as u know ur basic suspension set up u do have to take rear axles out to do the switch so buy some axle grease first it took me about 4 hrs to do it but i also took bed off and got rid of ebrake cable all together my frame is the e brake but that ok any questons let me know [email protected]

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have a company up in seattle mocking up a willwood brake kit, the front will be the 16" rotors and 6 piston calipers, the rear is a 12 or 13" rotor 2 piston caliper. its looking pretty expensive right now, but once it hits the market it should be pretty competitive with other brake companies. and its going to include everything you need from brackes(possibly a new spindle) ss hoses, pads(which you dont need to remove the caliper to change)...but i'll keep you updated on the progress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts