Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you say is the crazistist custom thing you have done to your dakota.
Mine would be the supra taillights.I will have some pics of them soon il try to get one of them under construction soon.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
my air bags......i love them......now i just need to fix some clearance issues so i can lay frame

·
Registered
464 Posts
Body dropping it so the rear can hold up to 24"s and the front 22"s. and lay hard rocker no pinchies.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Building A Stainless Steel Frame And Grinding All The Welds And Material To Look As If It Has A Chrome Finish.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Blue LED light up shift knob.

Bk

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
My hood/grill mod that lets the grill stay in place between the head lights when the smoothed cowl hood is opened.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What did you guys do to get the grill to stay in place like that? You got any other pics of how you did it kaotic because your hood is exactly how I want to do mine. Best idea I could come up with to do the hinges with the bodydrop but didn't know what to do with the grill. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
howd you do that?
The grill is hinged at the bottom with brackets and tilts forward to let the front hood lip clear the grill when the hood is popped open or closed. Right now the tilt action is contolled by a manual locking choke cable operated from inside the cab. Before the hood is popped open I tilt the upper section of the grill outward with the choke cable and then pop the hood. Once it's closed I pull back on the choke cable to suck the top section of the grill in tight to the hood. That's gonna get changed to a much cleaner system having an electric window motor do the operation at a touch of a button. The best part is the hood hasn't been hacked up in any way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
well with help from koatic my hood opens front ward now. and my grill also stays on the truck. but the craziest mod. prolly body dropp.
Share the welth guys I wanna do that on mine this winter before show season. I need a new hood anyway so it would be a good time to do it

·
Registered
464 Posts
Share the welth guys I wanna do that on mine this winter before show season. I need a new hood anyway so it would be a good time to do it
Grrrr its a secret and the hinges are only $10 from a junk yard....you'll have to figure it out unless you ask me really nicely

·
Registered
152 Posts
I already know about the hinges and what they come off of. I was just wanting to see pics of it auctally done on a dak with the hood stationary. So pretty please mr kaotic will you share some pics/info with me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
you can't even tell the hood is suicided it looks stock...and its not actually finished it's just in working order...i haven't touched my truck in 2+ years

1 - 20 of 38 Posts