Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I got a 2000 dakota 4.7l CC w. a 3/5 drop . 2" front lower arms w. 1" coils . can I cut the 1" coils so that I get a 2" coil? how and did nebody have ne problems . I was figuring cutting one coil off exactly , I did that to a lot of hondas I dropped but those are imports not trucks so idk if it would affect it differently. thanks for the replys if ne

·
Registered
213 Posts
it would drop your truck more than an inch

·
Registered
213 Posts
if you cut your springs youll probably get about 2-2 1/2 inches out of them...

·
Registered
213 Posts
hey 1low02dak... would those work on my 95 and if they will how much you want for em?????

·
Registered
25 Posts
cut quarter of a coil at a time till you get the stance you want. takes time but if you cut to much at once you will regret it

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just for reference, its not safe or recommended to cut ANY springs. Each spring is has a load rating and if you cut it, you over doing the springs. Once this is done your looking at spring failure and risking your own life.

This method is often called "******* lowering kits"

You do the math.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Yea but at least its not as bad as heating springs.But it isnt safe to cut springs for daily driving use, like brad said your lookin at a bad accident that could happen with spring falure, not to mention stress on other suspension parts as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts