Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to de-badge my Dak by removing all the "Dakota Sport" and "Dodge" stickers. I asked someone at a bodyshop and they said there's a household chemical that works well for it, but did not remember the name? Any1 know the answer?

·
Registered
464 Posts
i used a heat gun, razor blade, and 3M Adhesive remover

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would say use a hair dryer..you can burn your paint with a heat gun if your not carefull.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I just left the truck in the sun for a bit and then picked them off with my finger nail....once you get an edge it peels right off. If your lucky all the glue will come off with the vinyl........if your not lucky none of it will.

Hair dryer will help.....and use goo gone to get the remaining glue off, you might have "ghosting" sometimes it's permanent, but most of the time it goes away with a good wax job

Oh and keep the razor blade far away from your paint..........

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
I used a hair drier and a credit card to peel my badges off. The credit card will stop ya from burning your fingers and doesn't mess up the paint. After that a little "Goo-gone" to get rid of the leftover adhesive and finally a good wax job to get rid of any faded paint in the area.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A heat gun and get this.. Dental Floss ;) Heat it up slide that shit behind there it works just like a razor blade minus the scratches, then of course Goo Gone or some other adhesive remover I used some similar orange cleaner. Then of course you gotta wax that ass

·
Registered
101 Posts
yea i have removed many of my friends emblems and will prob remove some of mine now that is is starting to get nice out dental floss is good but the one i used broke allot so take 2 sticks of wood that fit in the palm of ur hand then tie fishing wire to both of them and use that, and of course like everyone else has said goo gone

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm just good with razor blades and heat guns lol (no nothing to do with drugs haha)....no scratches

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys!
I've been in the sign & vehicle lettering business for 10 years. Most answers posted will work fine. I use: 1800 watt hair dryer, plastic squeege called 'Lil Chisler', braided fishing line (it's flat and won't stretch or break easily. Ask any Bass fisherman for some), orange based adhesive remover or go to Lowe's / HD and get Goo Gone or Goof Off. Use the dryer on high to heat the area around one or two letters at a time. It won't take too long b4 they'll peel off.

After they're off, lightly spray remover on remaining glue, let it soak about 30 seconds, then use the squeege to get under the glue and scrape it off. Use paper towels to wipe up excess and put globs of glue in. Wash residue off with Windex, then a final wipe with 91% alcohol (Target, CVS, Walgreens etc). Put a good coat of wax down and buff out any ghost marks.

*Some badges are held on with locating pins and adhesive so make sure to check unless a couple of holes won't bother you!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just left mine in the sun for a while then peeled them off, then buffed the hell out of the doors and tailgate to get rid of the ghost effect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts