Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whats up im in westland, about 10 minutes outside of the "D".

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is there anyone around Saint Clair Shores that does body work? A friend of mine was working on molding a 6" fiberglass cowl onto my hood and was doing a shitty job so I just took it back unfinished with a mess of bondo and surface rust... at least I hope it's just surface rust. So anyone that could help me finish/redo it that would be awesome. Also I'm supposed to be getting a 390 to go in for my 318 so anyone that wants to help with that swap that knows what they're doing that would be amazing!

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
Is there anyone around Saint Clair Shores that does body work? A friend of mine was working on molding a 6" fiberglass cowl onto my hood and was doing a shitty job so I just took it back unfinished with a mess of bondo and surface rust... at least I hope it's just surface rust. So anyone that could help me finish/redo it that would be awesome. Also I'm supposed to be getting a 390 to go in for my 318 so anyone that wants to help with that swap that knows what they're doing that would be amazing!
i might be interested..but i cant help until june cuz i need to get ready for the oaktown show in may..shouldn't be too hard of swap its pretty much a 340 block stroked out..which means it uses the same motor mounts as a 318/360. not too sure on the oil pan and pick up though. i could swing out some time on the weekend and take a look (will be working second shift for GM powertrain development so can only do weekends)

where about in the SHORES cuz i used to play travel and then junior hockey for the saints when i was in high school

·
Registered
60 Posts
10 and a half and Harper area... My friend that I'm getting it from said it's a stroked 318 so it should be pretty much a direct swap for what's in it now. I'm just not sure about the wiring and whatnot. I'm not sure what accessories it's gonna have either to know what I need to cannibalize from the old motor. I also have to find out if it's fuel injected or carbuerated, either way I can't wait. I'm not really worried about when it gets in, but I'd really like to be able to take it out a little this summer.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
10 and a half and Harper area... My friend that I'm getting it from said it's a stroked 318 so it should be pretty much a direct swap for what's in it now. I'm just not sure about the wiring and whatnot. I'm not sure what accessories it's gonna have either to know what I need to cannibalize from the old motor. I also have to find out if it's fuel injected or carbuerated, either way I can't wait. I'm not really worried about when it gets in, but I'd really like to be able to take it out a little this summer.
its a 318 wow those are some thin water jackets..neways it should be carb..umm the guages and what not will be interesting to figure out since your truck is EFI. but its shouldn't that complicated. what trans and rear end you plan on using?? but yea it would be awsome to get your truck done for woodward cuz the dakota r/t club is coming to the cruise this year (national meet)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Okay so the guy I'm getting it from was appearantly wrong it's not a 318 stroked it's a 360 bored out to 30 over... the trans is coming with the motor not sure on details other than it's a 5 speed the one in the truck now is an auto. The rear end is 3.90 gears with posi, but that's not in yet either. As far as getting it done for Woodward that would be great! Now I just need to get the motor in my possession and start tearing into it. I still need to figure out what cam I want to change to and if I want to try to find heads from an R/T if that will make a difference. Probably a bigger TB too.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
check the cc rating on a 5.9 rt compared to what it has right now if you want i could figure your compression rating if you want with the diff heads..
but yea thats def not a 390 its pretty much a rebuilt 360 especially since he didnt swap crankshafts look into comp cams give them a call and they'll help ya i've personally meet the top dogs over there (engine masters challenge was at my school) try get the biggest cam you can run without haveing to change pushrod and rocker location/length..

ps dont buy proform rockers they crack under high hp (comp makes a really nice set of shaft rocker upgrades for mopars)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well from the looks of it the whole deal's falling through. It's just getting a little shady with my friend that's s'posed to be getting this motor from his neighbor or something like that. So I don't know what's going to end up happening with it, but if it doesn't happen I'm going to start looking around the junk yards for a 360 to swap in.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
Well from the looks of it the whole deal's falling through. It's just getting a little shady with my friend that's s'posed to be getting this motor from his neighbor or something like that. So I don't know what's going to end up happening with it, but if it doesn't happen I'm going to start looking around the junk yards for a 360 to swap in.
i'll keep an eye out in the macomb/oakland area for ya. if you find a 440 lemme know cuz i can stuff one between rails when i bodydrop my 94(stock floor):trink39:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts