Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do throttle body spacers realy work??Im wondering if its worth it or not to get one.Iv heard they give you more power and gass millage.Is this true???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those are crap. I installed one for laughs while I was tuning my truck on the dyno and got no change in hp or tq. Got the same numbers and curve without it. It does make a nice paper weight on my desk tho.

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
They are AWESOME paper weights!!

On a carb motor, yes they work
On a FI motor, adds weight to the motor and NOTHIN else!

Please don't waste your money or time!! Save up and get a M1

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
Like Rook said, throttle body spacers are more suited for carburated engines where the air/fuel mixture is mixed together at the top of the intake. It would give a better atomization effect in this scenario. Same thing as a high-rise manifold.

With a fuel injected motor the injectors are squirting fuel into the manifold runners directly and not pulling an air/fuel mixture from above such as what would happen if a carb was used. By putting a throttle body spacer on it's just simply increasing the air volume in your intake manifold and nothing more.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
They are AWESOME paper weights!!

On a carb motor, yes they work
On a FI motor, adds weight to the motor and NOTHIN else!

Please don't waste your money or time!! Save up and get a M1

Pretty much what he said...

On certain FI motors they can apparently help the air flow, but not with our style intake. Probably a load of crap but that's what I hear

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
Rooknute do you know if the m1 will fit a 3.9???
Ahhh, didn't realize ya had the redheaded step child 3.9... :(

About the only thing you can do is get your stocker worked. The belly pans always blow in these damn motors, so its nice to grind down some of the 'runners' and even open the intakes to match a v8 tb. Then get a billet belly pan, powdercoat the intake, and enjoy! You can do some work to the 3.9 and have a nice little motor...but if your thinking about something that kills mustangs and whatnot, your better off just getting a v8.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wish I would have known this before I wasted my money on one. I never did notice an improvement with it bastard lying ads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts