Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know i wanna drop the dak, but what is the best way to go around it. I wanna do bags and get low, but my question is if i bag the dak, would it be wise to also drop it using other suspension stuff, like springs or leafs, or just bag the thing?

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
I would advise doing a little research online, looking at bagged vehicles. For the front of your dak the airbag replaces the springs. About the only choice you have to make is wether or not you should run a shock also. Personally I think you should. The front should consist of an upper and lower bag cup. These bolt to your bag and go in place of the stock spring, you may or may not have to cut your spring pocket out depending on where you get your cups from. I personnally like using Slam Specialties bags because they dont expand like the firestones, which can rub. I am using air ride tech cups(way too expensive for what you get) You can run this set up with your stock control arms or modify your lower so the bag bolts directly to it. Or you can run a tubular lower arm made specifically for bags, Not much available for the Daks. As far as the rear there are so many different ways you can do it, I couldnt name them all. One of the more popular is a 4 link which does away with you leafs all together. This is greatly simplified but I hope it helps. I used the live and learn method on my truck, I am on my third setup on the front of my truck, I dont know if im dumb or stubborn.:D

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
well if you going to bag it, for now all you should go with is maybe some lower arms up front , and blocks in the back if you want it low before you bag it. the lower arms will help you lay out up front, and you also wont have to angle the lower cup, since most arms have flat pockets in them. i also recommend slam bags, for when you bag it. and i wouldnt really wast to much money buying leafs of anything in the back besides the bags since the bags will most likely replace the rear suspension completely. so if anything just go with blocs in the rear (like $30 from summit)

And nycdak.....do you have any close up pics of where the shocks mount with the air ride tech kit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks for the info! im new to the whole bag thing and trying to find different options. what is all really needed for the dakota bag set up, a buddy told me what he is doing to his s-10 which is really complex, i just want a basic set up. what is needed for sure:bags switches, ect ect?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts