Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to run dual alternators on my 01 4.7. Do any of you guys know of anyone who makes a dual alt bracket for that engine or even a dual alt kit? or is this something I am going to have fabbed up?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can I ask why first? Just curiuos, ive never seen it. I know 360RT is making or having some new mounts made to do some truck shit with his, you should pm him.

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running an 4000 watt amp that has 500 amps of fusing and will be running dual air compressors which will draw about 30 amps. So I need Juice.
I am going to look into having my stock alt rewound, dont know how much I can get out of it. And I am going to run at least two optima blue tops.

·
223 Posts
I would ditch the stock alternator. I would just modify brackets to accept a GM high amp alternator, would be cheaper to purchase and you would only need a switched 12v+ to operate it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
one big alternator and 2 batteries sounds a lot better than fabbing mounts for two small ones....IMO

·
Registered
336 Posts
One of my friends had a Trans Am with a high amp alt. and two batteries with a pac relay that automatically switches charging between the two batteries when it senses low voltage. It was an awesome setup until he blew the engine and sold it.

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can get aftermarket alts all the way up to 400 amps, all are $$$. Stinger, ohio generators, ho alts to name a few. I guess I could run a REALLY long extensoin cord. LOL

·
Registered
434 Posts
ya, when you run crazy car stereos, , people need to run high output alts.

but, this thread is from 07. i dont think the guy is going to answere you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts