Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 Dakota Club Cab. I'm going for a static 3-4 in. drop, along with a Challenger twin snorkel style hood, among some other trim changes. I am thinking of doing a dually setup for the rear. Does anyone have any ideas on what rear fenders might work. I know i will have to do some cutting and trimming to make them work, but would like to get something fairly close. I've seen some stepside conversions on Daks, but don't think they are made anymore. The ones i've were on early model gen 1's. I've never seen a dually Dak, so thought maybe i'd try one. Any thought on the idea? Thanks much for your time.

·
Registered
815 Posts
....nice looking trucks though:049:
If I had a $100k to blow... I wouldn't buy a sports car.. It'd be 3500 Laramie ALL DAY LONG!!! Soooo fukin nice...

Welcome OP and here's some idea's for you.. If its a short box, I'd go with the fenderflare 80's style (megacab dually also) like the red one I've posted below... if its a long box you could go with a full flare box side like the new ones it would flow fine.. the full flare on a shortbox is too much fender not enough anything else, like the grey one third down...

Here's the mega cab fender flare, versus a full flare new style, and the 90's style added cap sides (which might work well also for you)

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
some neat trucks there, but..........yellow one a R/T?!?! lets hope that thats just the stickers and that bumper is stock lol
love that RC graphite colour dually in the third pic, those dually fenders look perfect on that truck IMO..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I like the looks of the yellow one, being a club cab long box like mine. Are those fullsize Ram fenders? The old style fenders on the red short cabs not bad either. The drop i was going after is about like the blue and white one on the rack. Haven't made up my mind on 18's or 20's. Don't want the rubber band look on tires. Didn't realize there so many dually Daks out there, lol. Thanks again. ( I'm 62 yrs. old, but us old greybeards gotta have fun too)

·
'98 dak R/T
866 Posts
i believe there was a kit offered to make a 3rd gen dak (the yellow, grey and silver one) into a dually, if you look at the club cab yellow daks fenders and the grey reg. cab righ under it the fenders are the same...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was your 92 dakota ever built as a dually ?
I know this is an old thread. But I've just found it.
I built a 94 Dakota ext cab dually a few years back. Work in progress, but used daily 2 yes now.
Machined hubs to stock dakota diff. 2006 sprinter van 15" wheels. 1951 international step side fenders, re-shaped slightly around wheel opening to match dakota wheel opening.
1 heavy leaf added to rear springs.
Exhaust stacks from an old oval light bar welded to bottle mufflers so aluminum heat shields.
Then a home built tow wrecker just because.
As well I've a 92 lowered and a narrowed 72 challenger hood grafted in. Slidding rag roof. 5 bolt wheel swap. About 9 yes ago it was done and still driving it.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts