Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most people have been there or still are there.If this is you or you have a picof post it here.I want to see who else is electritionaly challenged like me.Will have pics come tommorrow.

·
Registered
41 Posts
haha i got an electrical story for ya...check it out...i got a '95 toyota that i made into a prerunner so anyway...last time out i broke a shock mount...within two hours of getting out to the spot...not wanting to waist the whole day i jerry rigged a shock mount that would hold...and it did...the problem came when i sailed of a 4 ft. berm doin 60..bottomed out and the jerry rigged shock mount ripped through the main wireing harness...so now i gotta rewire the main harness...if thats not electrical problems i dont know what is

·
Registered
442 Posts
what kinda pics can you post of an electrical nightmare?

I had my own not to long ago...my viper fan was drawing to much power due to a bad relay...it FRIED all the wires connected to the positive terminal of my battery...as in the all melted...fixed the relay and replaced the ends and it went away, but none the less...sucked..LOL

·
Registered
442 Posts
thats not too too bad...you should see my relay farm for the viper fan and the nitrous...LOL

But they are neatly done...but a shitload of wires...LOL

·
Registered
464 Posts
<- Extended every wire on the Driver side main wiring harness coming from the firewall all the way to the fusebox.

90+ wires but they're going bye bye soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm an OCD electrician, didnt look away quick enough, what an abortion! LOL, I bought a 67 Charger 10 years ago give or take and a "custom" guy had hacked the wiring harness so bad I had to replace EVERY harness in the whole car to get rid of short to ground problems!

·
Registered
239 Posts
wire nuts are not for automotive purposes!!!

Bk

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol yea thoise wire nuts kept comin off and shortin my 40amp fuse so its electrical taped now and is goin to be redone in the future to look good n work better.And mikey72 that sounds liked it sucked.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah it did suck! If you want it done right so you never have to worry about it again, solder all your connections and then use heat shrink tube on it to seal out the elements, takes way longer and is a huge pain, but worth it in the long run! I was raised by an electrician who specializes in control systems for nuclear power plants, sooo i'm a perfectionist where it comes to electrical work!

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea i tried solder it once but wasnt usin a good soldering torch n thick solder so i just burnt the s*** outta my self but when i redo it thats what im doin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts