Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 Dodge dakota, 5.2L No mods to engine when first had problem. Since then replaced both 02 sensors, headers w/ Y pipe, Intake K&N..new plugs, wires, cap and rotor Still having problem.. Wiped throttle plates and housing down with throttle body cleaner.. Horrible idle, up and down up and down, sometimes it's at 1600 RPM for a couple minutes, then it might drop down to 1000rpm then back up to 1200. You get the idea, any sugguestions would be nice! Thanks

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Did you replace the TPS(Throttle Postition Sensor)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a little reluctant to just buying and switching out parts. Dont quite have the extra funds to replace stuff if not bad. There is a way to to test a TPS but I will have to dig up a analog Ohm meter. I think my uncles got one! Someone also sugguested a bad IAC? Couldn't tell you how to test one of those!

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
Something else you can do is find a buddy with a dak. Thats what I did with a coworker, his Tb sensor was bad, so we switched mine just to make sure thats what it was..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just changed the three sensors on my throttle body and it cleared up all those problems. You probably only need to change the tps but I had a parts truck so they didn't cost me anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts