Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 3.7L Kota...I would like to know if there is a muffler or a catback i can get that won't make my truck sound like shit? also is there any performance mods other than a cold air intake that i can install?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody???...i know im not the only one driving a 3.7, these qusetions may seem a little stupid and noobish, but im an new here and if i knew where to start i would not be asking y'all. So lets start with exhaust...should i go catback? i know that gibson and magnaflow both have a catback kit for the 3.7 what i do not know is what it sound like. Or should i dump the whole catback idea and just get a muffler and come up with something on my own??
Any help u guys come offer will be greatly appreciated, thx.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Also have a 3.7. I don't know the answer either though. I'm still running stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thx anyway...i know there are 3.7L parts out there, just have to look a little harder then most people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Intake, Exhaust, Jet Chip, and nitrous are your best bets. Fastman has a throttle body for our trucks, I think. Or just save up some cash and throw a HEMI in it...

·
Registered
569 Posts
dude its call summit or jegs helplines. or even JCWhitney

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i got a 3.9l on my 98 dakota and i got flowmaster exhaust put on it not to long ago and everyone that hears it swears it's a v8 . the flowmasters give it a real nice rumble to it when it's just sitting their and when you floor it ..........:wow: it sounds wonderful lol. i got it dual out the sides behind the back tires but i just relized the other day , i was going to lower the truck but the exhaust is to close to the axle so now i got to cut them and run them infront of the back tires. GET SOME EXHAUST you won't regret it . for the other stuff i don't know i have no engine upgrades just a intake

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't buy one of the pre-fab kits online. Go to a local exhaust shop and get them to do it. You can get them to different things with it, and maybe try different stuff. Also, you have someone to hold responsible for it if it fails (bad weld, exhaust leak, etc.). If you get the online kits, they can say you installed it wrong, it was damaged in shipping, ad nauseum. But definitely get an intake when you do the exhaust, so you can actually see and feel the difference.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
yeah listen to vandutton , i got a local shop to do mine and i recommend it to everyone to go and get one. this is just me but i say get them out the sides behind the tires . it makes the people next to you hear it better and from behind it looks real nice with the stainless steel pipes shooting out to the sides.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not a fan of the behind the tires thing, I like the traditional straight out the back... without any mufflers. It's loud as hell, especially when you stomp the pedal. To get an idea of how loud it will be you can just take the stock mufflers off and put a turn down before the rear axle, costs about twenty bucks, plus 30 minutes or so labor. DIY loud exhaust!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts