Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well im a lil on the poor side right now and im looking to get my exhaust to be a little bit louder... right now im running the stock setup with the stock muffler cutout and replaced with a glasspack. i really like how the glasspack sounds but i want it a lil louder and was wondering if i cut off the extra pipe after the pack and just put a turndown after it would this make it any louder. BTW i HAVE to run some type of muffler and a CAT otherwise i fail inspection and get pulled over way too much. i had this glasspack on for almost 1 year without ever being pulled over so im willing to try pushing my luck a lil bit farther... but not to much.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thanks but no thanks.... the system im running right now cost me $30 only thing i might do is change my muffler but im looking for a combo of LOUD and nice sound... basically i want a nice LOUD exhaust. i like to be noticed :)

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
well i payed $125 (including next-day shipping..$25) for my setup..and its F'ing sweet:D.....i got one word for ya....BORLA

i also put on some JBA headers (used...$250 shipped) that helped deepen the tone a little

all i did was take off the stock muffler and all the piping after it and replaced it with a new muffler with a turn down after it....i made the turn down out of the piping i took off from after the muffler...i can take a pic if ya want

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really dont need an entire setup i had the dual exhuasts for a while they were alright but rotted out after about 1 1/2 yrs so im gonna stick with the stock exhuast piping maybe throw a turndown in after the muffler. basically i need the loudest muffler there is that isnt gonna sound "ricey" at high rpms. any1 run electric cut-outs?

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Borla's are pretty mellow. Flowmaster 2 chamber 40 series is what I had on my V6. You can get one for under $100 and weld it on with a turn down. Plenty loud, but the interior resonance was quite loud.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the flowmaster on my truck is fiarly loud but not too loud in the truck which i like not bragging or anything but i have been told i have the best sounding v6 in this area

·
Registered
36 Posts
i run the 2 chamber flowmaster with dual outlets on my v-6 and i have turn downs just before the big as* hole in my bed and it is loud and nice sounding now with the hole in the bed it has quiet down some but when you do the turndowns you are forcing the exhuast pressure against the ground and that is what makes it loud becuase it bounces back up to the underside of the bed. but do a turn down also face the turn down end at an angle so you don't kick up to much dust at shows. i hate cleaning my truck all day at shows because someone runs there turn downs straight

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your will to spend a little over $200 you could co the route i went with a flow master super 40 surprising how good it sounds on a 3.9
Have to admit those Flowmasters are awsome on stock headers when you break 3K it sounds awful. But now with headers they sound awsome at high RPM.

·
kota boy
183 Posts
i have the 3.9 and single in dual out 40seris i love it but i have thought about going back to straight pipe

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would say gut the cat out. Just cut off of the top, gut it and weld it back up. I cut the cat off of mine with the super 40 muffler and it sounds great, and a hell of alot louder! It does get a little ricey sounding after 3k but i havent changed the headers yet.

·
Registered
213 Posts
im not a v6 guy but i have dynomax bullit series on my truck w/ no cats and no pipe after the mufflers... it sounds great but after reving at high rpm's on the down rev it pops a lil bit but only when the motor is cold, i dont know how much they cost because my uncle gave em to me....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts