Dodge Dakota Forums banner

f1 procharger

4091 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  DRAGN94
i got my v6 set up like a small block mopar, so i bought an f1 procharger. 512hp wasnt enough. i wanna blow my 295s of the bogarts. haha
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
How do you plan on running a cog belt on that? and what brackets are you going to use?
i made a pulley that will run off the crankpully and the brakets are all machined to fit the truck. its gonna be complicated but will be possible. my dad owns a machine shop if your wonderin how im doing this. im trying to get this one air hat for the setup. if your lookin to do this at all let me know i can hook you up with brackets. my brother has a 98 dakota and we st brackets up for him. depending on if you have a v6 or v8 we can prolly help you out. we mostly focus on v6 because nobody does them to the extent we do. lemme know if you ever think about doing something like this. well make it so you can bolt it right up.
i made a pulley that will run off the crankpully and the brakets are all machined to fit the truck. its gonna be complicated but will be possible. my dad owns a machine shop if your wonderin how im doing this. im trying to get this one air hat for the setup. if your lookin to do this at all let me know i can hook you up with brackets. my brother has a 98 dakota and we st brackets up for him. depending on if you have a v6 or v8 we can prolly help you out. we mostly focus on v6 because nobody does them to the extent we do. lemme know if you ever think about doing something like this. well make it so you can bolt it right up.
Im running a Vortech YSI trim on a 408 in my Dakota. I personally don't like Prochargers because I had no luck with their supercharger on my Vette. I had a D-1 but ran it out of its efficiency and had to have it rebuilt after 11k miles. some people like them, but to me I feel that they are junk. Switched the Vette over to a Vortech and Im making more hp and no problems. And FYI the blower brackets for a 5.2, 5.9, and 3.9 are the same. Only thing diffrent is the pipe from the throttle body to the blower. How do you plan on running a cog belt setup on that F1?
im glad you said something about that. i would have ran into that problem. this is the first supercharger ive done on a v6. i was always a turbo guy. hmm? ill have to think about that. the only supercharger we ever used was a vortech but that was on a 327 smc in a nova. and there set up way different. so you say the brackets are the same?. well we already have brackets and im sure they dont have a kit for an f1 procharger for a v6. anyway good luck with your truck and your vette and if you find anything out let me know... thanks.
U ever try turboing the dak?????that sounds like a sick idea to me.
yeah i definatly have. and right now im really thinking about it. and it is a sick idea. my pops did his 96, it was cool but it only ran in the mid 11s. im lookin for low 10s high nines. since then my dad put a small block 340 in and put an f1 on it (thats where i got the f1) and then took it off and sprayed it with a 200 shot and its running low 10s. his best was a 9.91 @ 131. but turbo. HELL YEAH
yeah i definatly have. and right now im really thinking about it. and it is a sick idea. my pops did his 96, it was cool but it only ran in the mid 11s. im lookin for low 10s high nines. since then my dad put a small block 340 in and put an f1 on it (thats where i got the f1) and then took it off and sprayed it with a 200 shot and its running low 10s. his best was a 9.91 @ 131. but turbo. HELL YEAH
If you want to go with a turbo, I have a Turbonetics T-105 ceramic ball bearing turbo that I used on my Grand National. I sold the car with a smaller turbo and kept my T-105 for something else. I will sell it since I dont think I will be using it anytime soon. My Buick went low 9's with that turbo.
shit yeah how much are you asking for it. and how much boost were you pushing with that turbo.
$1400 plus shipping
umm ill have to think about that.
Did you ever figure this out? I have a daily 3.9 that I want to do something like this to.
dude please look at the dates on the post...this thread is from 2007

also intorduce yourself in the noob section, please
He has the info I need though. Should I make a new thread?
He has the info I need though. Should I make a new thread?
new thread would not hurt, its almost impossible to get reponses or updates on the older thread since most of the original users have not been around in a few years.

salvage what you can for this thread and/or see if that user has an email to reach him at. maybe you can get more info that way
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.