Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here done it? Saw it done on mini truckin. Im thinking about doing it with the eastwood fender roller

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
y do you need to roll it?

the inner skin of the fender is 2 layers thick and will fight you...i jsut use a hammer and dolley after the baseball bat trick (well 4inch dia aluminum)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not doing it half ass with a bat, the eastwood has a 6 lug adapter and im doing it because my tires are like half an inch wider then the body and im tired of them spraying dirt and crap up on the doors

·
Registered
937 Posts
thats cool i guess you beter check for rust those fenders and boxsides are 2 peice spot welded together and they rot inside out good luck

·
Banned
3,363 Posts
Yeah, i have used them.... It does not flare the fender out. Your tires will still stick out past the fender. When you get the roller, and you see that it isnt flaring the fender out, and you push the limit.... Pop pop pop goes the paint

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, im gunna do it unless i can find some flairs, but i dont wanna buy new ones for an arm and a leg

·
Registered
57 Posts
All it does im flatten the inner lip of the fender. So you can fit your tires without them rubbing. It does not make your wheel well any wider then maybe a couple mm. And the tool is a waste of money, bat and heat gun works fine

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
All it does im flatten the inner lip of the fender. So you can fit your tires without them rubbing. It does not make your wheel well any wider then maybe a couple mm. And the tool is a waste of money, bat and heat gun works fine
This is right, I have rolled the fenders on two of my Subarus. It just folds up the lip on the inside. the exterior will remain the same. hate to say it, but Vick is right. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts