Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have an 87 3.9 dakota p/u first vehicle i have owned that wasnt ford i got the truck with 150,000 + runs good but i would imagine the engine is a little tired the rear end is lowerd so the truck is level there is firestone indy 500 tires on chrome rims all around and the fins on the back of the cab and a camaro hood scoop im looking for a roof visor if anyone has a good site to order one let me know few problems with the truck the transmission wont go into park very well and sometimes the transmission clicks while im sitting in gear and when i make a right hand turn i also encounter a clicking noise almost sounded like a front axle noise but its a 2x4 any info would be great

·
Smurf
263 Posts
it is probably not the tranny it is probably a powersteering issue either the gearbox or the pump itself we are currently havin the same problem with my 99 jeep xj as soon as i get home to look at it i will tell you what is wrong with mine but you might wanna look in to those two

·
Smurf
263 Posts
no biggy just holler if you have any more issues i will be out of the loop for like 10days or so but i know a few other guys are here and willing to help too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another question did the 87 dakota come with a standard transmission if so how difficult or expensive would it be to swap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts