Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Go BIG or Go Home
560 Posts
not sure what kit he used, but i do know that aerokits.net, has one of the few good kits on the internet.......check them out, and they are bolt on, vehicle specific!!! site is www.aerokits.net

·
Registered
227 Posts
Personally I am not a fan of the Lambo doors, I was when they were new but now I think they are just overdone and every ricer import has them. But that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, but they still ruined the whole thing for me, I'd rather see suicide doors, but that is just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's my opinion: what mod has not been over done? The reason for my intrest is the fact it opens the side of my truck for better viewing of my interior. And the sport of customizing would get quite stagnant when people start to stereo type things.

·
Registered
227 Posts
What would be cool is if there was a way to kind of suicide the lambo doors, have them flip to the back. might actually help with the veiwing of the interior too. I can't be too hard, the kits are already designed to pop out as they go up, just need to add a latch to the front of the door. Thinking of new ways and ideas is how to keep customizing from getting stagnant.

·
Go BIG or Go Home
560 Posts
Is the kit from areo a TRUE bolt on? Havent seen the vertical.
From what the salesmanon the phone told mewhan I was talking to him about being an authorized dealer for their Lambos, he said the Bolt onkits are true bolt on. I am a member of a forum board online for my chrysler sebring Ihave and the guys over there have lambo kits from Aerokits and they never said anything about any welding of the kits.........Just thought I would add that!!! And vertical doors are overpriced......

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
How 'bout you just make your whole cab flip open! LOL Nawl I like the Lambo doors, I just think it's over priced, but I wouldn't mind having a set! Suicide doors are nice too, I just think they only look good on certain vehicles. I wonder how the doors from that one Benz would look, ya know they kinda flip out, probably look like a damn big a$$ bird!!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have done a set of suicide doors on a pickup before and thought of doing suicide lambos. But the problem I see is the hinge assembly needs to mount in rear cab section and be reinforced for strength. Then you would have to cut a large area in the front of the rear cab section for room for the hinge to travel it would look butchered up at best.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been thinking about trying to do reverse lambos on my truck for a while...jus one of the truely custom ideas that i have and have never seen b4...I also have an idea for a front clip that i havent seen done yet that should look f*#$in crazy...lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
hmmm the only lambo doors i liek ar eth eones that open normally and then can flip up if u want. that way u dont ahve to worry about the door chopping ur head off everytime u open it....Have u guys ever thought that the door could jsut slam down and cut you in 2 lol...i think lambo dorrs on a dakota would only work if u were bagged to the ground, otherwise the dam doors are gonna be liek 10 feet in the air lol...how about doing this....take ur extended cab and make the rear doors open like the dalorean doors......and have tvs drop down when u open it...that be slick

·
"The Fabricator"
315 Posts
I too want the lambo doors

The problem that lies with our trucks is that our doors are freakin heavy, the reason they say 50% bolt on- 50 % weld is because you have to grind off the old welds that are there right now, unbolt the old bolts, bolt on and align new lambo hinges, then weld to give them the support they need because like I said the doors are heavy and if you don't one day the door could say SNAP!!!!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ive always wanted to do one door suicide and one lambo just to switch things up....or just do one suicide door so the doors open opposite eachother

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I had the $$$$, I would lambo the front and suicide the rear. Talk about opening up a QC!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts