Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
No such luck with Moser, they will change the pattern in the brake rotor but, not the hub itself, several people have already checked with them. The spindles from the old body style does not swap out with the 97 + trucks, thats been tried too, you would have to have custom control arms made for that, and if your going through that much touble, you might as well go with S-10 stuff.

·
Registered
92 Posts
oh i thought they did the hub too. Just stick to billet wheels. too much work for the s-10 conversion, its easier just to buy new wheels

·
Registered
361 Posts
i had my truck ripped apart ready to do it and 1st off the ball joints dont fit you have to have them tapper reamed to fit and i did that now that you have done that when you get the spindle on the control arms the angle of the control arms is so radical that the ball joints would be wiped out and then the travel is so limited the truck would barly lift not to mention the radical angle of the wheel even when the car is raised if there is a way to do that then show me cuz i was ready to do it if you can get that guy to post pics that would be awsome cuz i talk to a guy on street source that said it could be done and when i got down to do it and i imed him to find out how he did it he never imed me back like he was lyin or somethin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its not as simple as a spindles only swap. There are two ways to use S10 suspension componets. The first is to have custom control arms made with the correct ball joints and geometry to use the S10 spindles, BYC can do this if your willing to wait for the arms. The second is to completly swap a front suspension clip from an S10 to the Dakota. In my opinion the second would be your best bet, going with the S10 suspension automaticly provides easy access to tubular arms and drop spindles from any number of different companies not to mention it will be alot eaiser to find a set of wheels that will tuck without having them custom made.

·
Registered
361 Posts
that would be like down grading the s10 suspension has a steering box as we have rack and pinon also you would have to have some sort of custom engine mounts and all that configured perfect it seems to me like all this work wouldnt be worth the fact of buyin cheeper wheels your gonna spend way more doing all that but if you could i would still like to see some pictures

1 - 14 of 14 Posts