Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:just wondering what everyone is doin to set up their truck for a fuel cell using the factory fuel pump assembly if possible post up some pictures any help would be great !!
looking for ideas and what to buy so i can get my gas tank out of my bed !!

:worthless: somewhat !!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm running a homemade cell its stainless with baffels and uses all factory components....it fits perfectly between the narrowed frame rails and about 1/2" off the ground. holds about 25gals.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Im running a fuel cell between my framerails where my spare tire used to be and im using a aeromotive pro-series pump with -12 lines to a fuel pressure regulator on my firewall, then to the fuel rails and -10 back to the cell. There is no EVAP system in my setup since im on a standalone ecu. It will throw a check engine light with a stock computer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Im running a fuel cell between my framerails where my spare tire used to be and im using a aeromotive pro-series pump with -12 lines to a fuel pressure regulator on my firewall, then to the fuel rails and -10 back to the cell. There is no EVAP system in my setup since im on a standalone ecu. It will throw a check engine light with a stock computer.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
I am in the process of getting my cell installed soon. I will be running it in between my rear frame rails where the spare used to be. Its a 19gal RCI aluminium cell from summit. I have some mounts made, all fittings, and fuel injected fuel line, I am just trying to figure out how to get the stock pump installed into the fuel cell. Hopefully next week I will have it done.

Anyone want to tell me the easiest way to mount the stock pump to a fuel cell?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive heard taking a mounting plate threaddin it and tapping it then sandwich the fuel pump on top with another piece

bottom plate need to be welded -tig
so u can have a sloid place to drill and tap

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
ive heard taking a mounting plate threaddin it and tapping it then sandwich the fuel pump on top with another piece

bottom plate need to be welded -tig
so u can have a sloid place to drill and tap
Yeah I heard the guy on streetsource talking about that, he posted the same thing in my thread on there (if thats what you are talking about). Maybe its just me but i don't think that will really work with the pump on a Dakota, I just don't see how that would hold it down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well that dude has a ram and he said he had to use some parts from a dakota fuel pump cause they are exactily the same ..... i dont know im going to look at one you can buy as a replacement to see what i have to do ill post up some info on what i exactly do with pictures

·
Registered
152 Posts
It will work. That's how mine is done. A ring welded to the tank itself the diameter of the pump. Pump goes in then the top ring goes over it and is bolted down. The top ring is cut out for the top to stick through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts