Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I have recently completed my modifications to my 2009 Dakota. The sound from my exhaust is monstrous and the added sound from the K&N CAI is a bonus. The problem I am now running into is that I have less mileage per tank than when it was stock.... making me regret my decision. What are you ideas for this? Should I re-tune the trucks computer for the new parts? Install A computer chip? Thanks Everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what the first tank was for! i got around 450kms on a full tank from driving the fuck out of it!

But this time im driving it normally to gauge how the mileage was affected as the first quarter of the tank is gonna I got about 80kms from it... which is really bad and doesn't make sense.

·
djibara
4 Posts
Superchips tuner 3865 91 octane performance tune. It will wake up your trucks performance and i get better mpg now i stopped hammering the throttle at every stoplight avg 17.5 mpg city driving

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@djibara I cant find a tuner that will work with the 2009, it says it will only work up to the 2008 model.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
he said he has a k&n intake. you have to realize that all these parts are designed for horsepower. they are not designed for mileage. you may or may not see any mileage improvement. I have seen people get more of a mileage increase by modifying their driving habits than anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts