Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
bucket00 said:
how many miles do you normal get, just wondering if mine needed a tune up !amazed
damn I don't get that much. All in all, about a 1/2 tank of gas will last me a good close to the end of the week if I pace myself. But it's coming to be like $30+ to fill.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if i fill my tank up all the way which is a 15 gallon tank i usually get a week out of it but i drive alot and tend to have a heavy foot

·
Registered
14 Posts
my 4.7 manual gets 285 to 300 miles per 18 gal fill up, so not so great. but i do keep my foot in it ALL the time (used to my 03 cobra).

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmm mine was horrible until i recently did a tune up now a half of tank has lasted me all week when a full tank barely lasted a week , thats how bad everything was, lol so if u hve a older truck well hell mine is a 99 but a tune up is the best gas saver and do it urself dont get suckerd in to let a mechanic do it for u its not hard and alot cheaper if u do it

·
Registered
8 Posts
With my 3.7 I was getting about 20 MPG or a little over 300 miles to the low fuel light, but now that i have been driveing a bit harder, i am geting about 17 MPG or 270 miles to the fuel light.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
With my 4.7L i usually get around 15-16mpg a full tank lasts me around 7 days, my foot is always on it. Only engine mods are k&n intake and a ram air hood

·
Registered
180 Posts
ok im about to go on vacation in the next week 800 miles $3 a gallon and my V6 have never really checked to see what my gas milage is... so what do u think ill end up payin for the trip (gas-wise)

·
Registered
213 Posts
i got about 18 mpg in my 5.2 with no cat and dual exhaust, with my 3.55 rear-end. now that i got this 3.90 im sure its alot worse.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
oops my bad guys... i just now seen were this topic is located....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I can get upwards of 350 miles (highway) on a full tank (22 gallons). City drops down to 300 max. Now, if you blow out your cat., you can get upwards of 450 out of it. :)

·
Registered
985 Posts
im not sure how to convery to MPG since damn canada is all metric lol

but i get double the k's over my friends dakota same engine but i have K&N intake, TB spacer, 3" true exhuast with high flow cat, oh and super chiped

illhave to figure out what Milage i get

·
Registered
251 Posts
My friends 98 3.9 dakota gets around 19mpg average when I used it for 2 weeks. Hell of alot better than the 408 in my R/T that only gets about 10 on a street tune and driving pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts