Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my friend will be building me a set of control arms, and i was wondering who else wanted a set of Tubular Control arms.....

As of right now there still in the design phase, and will be built and tested when i come back from vacation (mid Sept)

They will be available for 1-2" narrowed, for 4.7L daks with headers (fixes the clearance you have with the upper arms hitting headers), might also be availble for control springs (as of now just for bags, depending on demand), and possible other applications

If and one is interested in this, and/or has any specific things they want let me know...and sign this list, so we can see how much demand there is for these....

·
Registered
152 Posts
What will the price be? Will they be fixed or adjustable? You said they will clear the exhaust on a 4.7 will they also work on 5.2? Also will they clear the steering on bodydropped trucks? Very interested in some if the price is right. Looking to get some very soon.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well they were going to be under $500, and fit all daks. But the guy i had designing them for me just disipered....i mean one night we are talking about a tub kit for my truck, and the next day he don't answer his phone , and no one has seen him:mad:

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
Are ya sure the 97-99 arms and the 00-04 arms are the same??

Thought someone said they were different?

Might be interested in a set for my 98 5.2 is they fit and the price is good.

Hope your builder shows up...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I may be interested in a pair if your builder shows back up, I have a 00 R/T that is beggin to be bagged, narrowed arms would def help the cause

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are ya sure the 97-99 arms and the 00-04 arms are the same??

Thought someone said they were different?

Might be interested in a set for my 98 5.2 is they fit and the price is good.

Hope your builder shows up...
well that is one of the things we were going to find out...i have an 04, i know someone (local) that has an 87, and i also know some one that has a 98....so alli would need to do is get the specs from those and go from there....thanks for the info though:D

and if/when my builder shows back up i will let you all know....and don't worry i will be the guinea pig on these, so there shouldn't be any problems with them if they get built

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I'm local and have a 01. I was also talking to the builder with DJ Wolf the last night he was around until he disappeared. He seemed like a decent guy, I wish he would come back around and help us out. Kinda wierd how he just up and left like that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea that's part of the reason I need them also. The other is because the steering hits it at around 60 or so psi. Kinda makes it hard to turn.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn just burst a kids bubble. Why can't they be narrowed?
there isn't enough demand for these...... i will be going to the shop this week again to see what kind of progress there is. Who ever is definitely interested in these PM exactly what you would like these arms to have, so i can bring it to the shop to start getting a price and a time frame. include things like if you want just stock arms that are tubular, narrowed, just uppers, just lowers, lowers and uppers, modded stockers, for more clearance, ect

1 - 19 of 19 Posts