Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to change out the gears in my rear end and was wondering what would be a good size for gears and who would be a good supplier to get them from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Richmond is a good supplier and I would go with at most the 390 gear or for highway driving 355 gear is better but with great performance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
3.92 is stock, 3.55 will save you a little gas but the acceleration isnt as good...what kinda driving you planning on doing...4.10s are a good all around gear with great launch...4.56 is if you are awsome for drag racing.

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
Randy's Ring & Pinion - http://www.ring-pinion.com/

Thats where I got all my parts for the rear end and then had a local guy here in mechanicsburg install them for me. The install was 280 and I forget what the parts were, just depends what you wanna do. For me, the truck already had 287,000 on it, so I just did the whole thing, I put 4.10's in it with a locker, and all new seals, bearings, even added a powdercoated cover that I coated.

Like Kaui said, you want atleast a 4.10 in a V8! If your going to be going to the track alot but not driving on the highway much, then go with 4.56's! At the time, I did the 4.10's because I was driving 130 miles a day, now that I'm 1 mile from work, I REALLY wish I could redo it and go with the 4.56's!! :)

just post if you need more help, give the guys at Randy's a call and see what they can do for ya!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i'm looking to change out the gears in my rear end and was wondering what would be a good size for gears and who would be a good supplier to get them from.
if you have the 9.25 rearend, 3.92's would be perfect for you. And if thats the size rearend you have, then I have a set of 3.92's you can have for a good price. I have 4.56's now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
3.92 is only good for you if you have the 3.55 now...but if you already have the 3.92 then i would suggest the 4.10...thats kinda simple stupid but hey you never know.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My R/T came with 3.92's but I swapped in 3.55's because of my supercharger. Made a huge diffrence in the 1/4 mile and I get better gas mileage!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Ok like it's been said.....you have 3.92's. If you wanna step up the acceleration your options are 4.10's or 4.56's. 4.10's will have better gas mileage than the 4.56's but not as good acceleration.

IMO unless you do alot of HWY driving go with the 4.56's. From everything I've read/heard, going from 3.92's to 4.10's isn't much of a difference and for 400 bucks for just the gears, it's not really worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
stock R/T is a 3:92

if ya want good accel and like a daily driver still go 4:10`s or 4:11`s

track only with occasional highway go 4:56`s

socaldakota.com has bout the best prices around.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Post some pics of that Toyota Chaser! My daily driver is was a Lexus GS300 but it made it a Toyota Aristo V300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts