Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
idk what gears i have in my dak stock but its a 2000 sport plus 3.9L im pretty sure i got 3.55s and i wanna switch to maybe a 3.92 or 4.10. is the install something i can do? would it be easier to find a whole rear axle at say a junkyard with the 3.92s and just swap them? what kind of shop would change the gears if i cant do it?

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you look in your glove box it will tell you. My 2000 sport only has 3.23 gears. Unless you are a mechanic don't try it yourself. The gears have to be shimmed properly so that the teeth mesh right. You may be better off looking for a whole rearend. A shop will probably charge a minimum of $250. I'm in the same exact boat right now.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
this may be a bit off a thread jack but im runnin 3.55s in my 4x4 do the 4.10s improve accel or topend? and do they make 'em for the 4x4s?

·
Member of Team Awsome
1,261 Posts
well this thread is 4 years old

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
yessir! i have no need for top end. i run mud terrains and the vibrate like hell anything above 90. but they are only rated for 90 anyway. Anyone know where i can find a 4x4 4.10 setup?

·
"Do What You Do"
1,042 Posts
its usually like that for a lot of things. i think i a have a buddy that can do it. if not i think ill stick to my stock ones. im trying to be that fast. want a truck that is loud and low.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts