Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I didnt wanna go buy a grill that everyone already had so im attempting to create one for the lowrider.

Im using the stock grill, so far ive shaved the D O D G E in the top of it, and I am going to be shortening how far back the bars sit in the 12 holes and adding some type of mesh behind it.

ANy thoughts or oppinions to make it better?

anything is possible because I work in the autobody buisiness..

·
Registered
230 Posts
i would have left the dodge alone, but to each his own, mesh is more something you would see on an import, doing something in bellet would look sweet maybe not the traditional bars, but some sort of design thats just my .02 though. Im sure what ever you come up with will look bomb on our gen 2's

·
kota boy
183 Posts
well i hate to say it but i used mesh on my grill i just pop rivited it on over my stock grill just trimed it down to size and painted it aluminum it looks pretty copol and i get complments all the time on it but like u said bub to each his own

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I should figure out a different way? Hmmmm idk lets see your guys.. and are there any 2nd Gen dakota sites out there dedicated to our trucks?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
d9a3k where did you get ur bodykit? any pics of ur truck muchly appreciated...

·
Registered
213 Posts
i used 7 dollar gutter guard from lowes and i trimmed it up to fit in the inserts, but i didnt fasten it in good i just stuck 'em in there and one fell out on the way home. im definatly gonna do it again

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pics please =]

also Ive got another question. Since im doing a full color change im trying to figure out how to take the mirror out of it? I gotta make sure I get paint all down inside so that its "show"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts