Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am familiar with Larryville a little. Your club has some nice rides. Toobad it's just for the R/T crowd.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
Yes, I am familiar with Larryville a little. Your club has some nice rides. Toobad it's just for the R/T crowd.
Actually, we have several non-R/T dakotas in the club. Heck, our club prez drives a QC. We just haven't changed the name since the club was founded back in '00, but we've allowed non-R/Ts to come and play for a few years now. As long as you're either show or performance oriented (or both) then it's all good.:trink39:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hey What's up! I'm from G-A! I live like right on the line of Grayson/Loganville. I'm still Gwinnett County. Hey 00RedRT, you were talking about MADRT Club, I think it was Clint I talked to a few times through email, I was just trying to find out alittle bit more about the club, but you mention the possibility of a name change, is that gonna happen? I am still thinking of joining, I really just don't have a whole lot of spare time, but it would be cool to get in on some shows. I have a '01 R/T Club Cab, it's Silver with a few things done to it. You and I seem to have a lot in common on style. Your truck is clean. What are your wheels called and where did you get'em? I'm looking for some 22's. And 2LoPoPo, are you really an Officer?

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
Nope, the club name will stay the same MAD R/T (aka Metro Atlanta Dakota R/T Club). We've just recognized in the last several years that their are plenty of awesome Dakotas out there that aren't necessarily R/Ts so we've allowed anyone in with a passion for racing or showing or both.

My wheels are Intro Pentia 6's.... www.introwheels.com

Two tons of R/Ts in Gwinnett County man, I go out on Saturday afternoon and spot at least 3 within a 5 mile radius from me. This county is a mecca for them for some reason.:)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
What's crazy is I still have yet to see a custom Dakota, R/T or not. And I know I've never seen your truck. I go through Lawville all the time, but to me to see a trick out Dakota is kinda rare. So do y'all get together on the weekends or like once a month or anything like that?

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
What's crazy is I still have yet to see a custom Dakota, R/T or not. And I know I've never seen your truck. I go through Lawville all the time, but to me to see a trick out Dakota is kinda rare. So do y'all get together on the weekends or like once a month or anything like that?
We do a lot of weekend shows together, go to Commerce or Reynolds a couple times a year for drag racing. And one of the funnest events has to be the Year One Experience @ Road Atlanta. We get to take laps around the road course, plus run the Auto-X course. It's a 3 day event over the weekend in May.

Lately, I've been helping a buddy in Winder do some serious custom mods to his R/Ts engine bay. It's going to look very tricked out when he's done.:049:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's cool! I've been to Commerce a few times. A friend of mine has done the Road Atlanta track in his Civic once. But yeah that sounds like fun. What is the Auto-X course, is that the turn-table thing they do with like Audi's, where they have the water going and it spins the car out of control? That would fun, just not in my ride, I'll use somebody else's! Well hey next local show you guys got going on, let me know and I'll see if I got time to swing by and check it out and introduce myself. Does anybody in the club do any riding, either four wheeling, dirt bikes, or street bikes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, two3tlow I am a REAL officer, a Sergeant actually, hahaha. I used to go to shows in and around the Atlanta area. I havent gone to very many lately because the Dak has been under construction 4 so long. I have been to the Godfathers shows in Conyers, the Extreme Lows shows at that beach volleyball place, a few shows at lakewood Amp., and of course Nopi. I dont remember very many Daks at any of the shows except Nopi. However my motto now is "Just say no to Nopi". If I ever get the Dak finished I hope to get back into it again though. I might even ride up and check out an event or 2 that your club goes to 00redRT.
J

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's cool, I only asked to see if maybe you can clear up some things. Something I've heard in regards to neons is that as long as they're not strobing, it's not illegal? So what all you got done to your truck? What's your plans for it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts