Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off i did a search of the forums and it helped some but i have some questions still.
here is what i have already on trk:00 kota ext cab 3.9 v6 auto im laying crossmember and 4link bars on back with 20s at all 4s but i wanna lay the rocker ive already trimmed the pinch weld off.
my questions!
ohh yeah
cant get a good measurement but how far is it from the rockers to the ground how much of a body must be done?
1.) on the front when u z the frame wheredo u do it at (i know in front of firewall ) is it where the frame curves up?
2.) on the control arms what do u need to do i have tubular arms already?
3.) on to the cab i know u have to cut the tunnel for tranny and driveshaft thats simple but as for as the outside of cab what do u do?
looking under trk i noticed that the cab mounts looked like u could move em down and reweld lower just dont know how far the floor is off the frame?
4.) the bed here is a big concern seems like alot of fabing which is easier moving the bed floor up or what?

its going to be a year thing going to park it and redo whole trk taking cab and stuff off frame running the airlines and what not so it can be nice and neat

·
Registered
361 Posts
bro its alot easier than your makin it out to be get your truck to lay out even first whether you are gettin control arms and shit and all the other crap that goes along then get you truck to a place that has a even floor lay out the truck then cut that shit out and let it hit the floor then weld it back in

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah im going to do the Z front clip and while its down im going ahead and doing it all custom interior shaving and stuff im not going to do it half assed i would really like a custom frame but i dont have that much cash to do sumthun like that so im going to work with what i have and besides after this year i wont be able to do to much ill be buying me a house of my own

1 - 7 of 7 Posts