Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one else had a problem with the KP gauges......i had a one dual needle start leaking one me and now my single needle is doing the same..... where can i get some gauges that go higher than 200psi?

·
223 Posts
I never had a problem with mine, but the most I ever put in them was ~225ish because I had 240 psi bags. Still have them if your interested. These are only single needle gauges but here you go. I bought a lot of parts from this company and have by far the fastest shipping.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH?SISECT=0000001808&SIS0NO=00000408362

Then just filter it down by PSI range, scale range, diameter, etc. Plus they are liquid fillable.

Or

http://www.kpcomponents.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=DPGR-400|0

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
If you can afford it, put some Dakota Digital Guages in there. I have the ViAir Analog guages in the Dakota, but put the Dakota digital setup in the Magnum. I love the difference.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you can afford it, put some Dakota Digital Guages in there. I have the ViAir Analog guages in the Dakota, but put the Dakota digital setup in the Magnum. I love the difference.
yeah digital is what i want to do, but i don't have the n=money for it right now, so i guess i will just have to replace the analog ones...

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never had a problem with mine, but the most I ever put in them was ~225ish because I had 240 psi bags. Still have them if your interested. These are only single needle gauges but here you go. I bought a lot of parts from this company and have by far the fastest shipping.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH?SISECT=0000001808&SIS0NO=00000408362

Then just filter it down by PSI range, scale range, diameter, etc. Plus they are liquid fillable.

Or

http://www.kpcomponents.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=DPGR-400|0
man those gauges are expensive as hell, some of them are like $300:mad:

Any one else have any ideas

·
223 Posts
There is not really a demand for people running high pressure. The majority of bagged trucks run compressed air at ~150-175 max. Those who run higher spend a little more on gauges or risk a failure. Although I was running nitrogen I knew the bag was the weak link (ES max 240 psi). I ran the regulator at 300 psi for a better response but but never wanted to risk being stranded.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is not really a demand for people running high pressure. The majority of bagged trucks run compressed air at ~150-175 max. Those who run higher spend a little more on gauges or risk a failure. Although I was running nitrogen I knew the bag was the weak link (ES max 240 psi). I ran the regulator at 300 psi for a better response but but never wanted to risk being stranded.
yeah that figures...i guess i will keep looking, cause they keep starting to leak after a month or so....so i am guessing that its because its cause of constantly having it at 200-225psi

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think one of my boys truck is leaking he has kp gauges 2 i checked for leaks and i cant find any but whe havent looked at the gauges its a real slow leak he leaves the tank at 200 psi at night and in the morning its like 120psi

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think one of my boys truck is leaking he has kp gauges 2 i checked for leaks and i cant find any but whe havent looked at the gauges its a real slow leak he leaves the tank at 200 psi at night and in the morning its like 120psi
thats the same thing as mine.....the leak is prob coming from inside the gauge like mine was. If you take out the light bulb and listen inside that hole (when at 200psi) you can prob hear it. If you got it from sdoors, just call them and they will replace it, i already got one new one, but have another one leaking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts