Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PREMADEPRODUCTS

Any thought/reviews? Do you think it is safer than welding the existing Dakota chassis?

Is it more cost effective?

Would this give you the abillity to choose any rim on the market? 5 lug/6 lug ?

as long as you maintain a proper offset.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
ive seen this...he sell it on craigslist and ebay to get his buisness rolling. personally i've never heard of anyone buying one. so i dont know if i trust it.

its pretty much the same thing if you had somebody build you a SFBD chassis. like BBT fab or little shop of horrors

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dragn94, I was looking for a shop that does full service work. I just have little knowledge on a welder, or any fabrication skills. I would just like to drop the truck off and pick it up when it is done. I know it aint cheap. Isnt it kinda like buying a new car? My truck has been paid off for a while now, and I have always wanted to have an insanely low truck. So i guess I got the truck and if I am going to buy a new car I might as weel just drop the cash into the old Dak.

Any advise?

Oh and the bolt patter for rims I can have them swap it to whatever I want right?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am tryin' guys. I would love to be this guinnee pig!

I got a ball park quote of about $9000 to do the whole swap. May be some additional money for extra sheet metal work if I so choose.

I guess it is time to find some rims, I kinda like this bed hole cover Thorbecke Brothers Tear Drop Tubs W/ Tear Drop Notch Cover what do you think I should do with the firewall, smooth it?

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
229 Posts
9gs.....go to a reputable shop and have it bd'd. hell you can a nice bag setup and bd for less than that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9gs.....go to a reputable shop and have it bd'd. hell you can a nice bag setup and bd for less than that.
Who would you recommend? The chassis I am referring to is a SFBD.

I am up for anyone anywhere I just want the work done, and done right.

·
Gen2 help hotline
5,611 Posts
BBT fabriction they are the closest and best shop in your area

for 10G you better have damn near a cover truck, minus paint and a couple other things. most places will start a sfbd around 2500-3000 depending on setup. then theres all the sheetmetal work and other parts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I sent BBT an email through the contact page on there website. Just waiting for a reply back. Do you know them at BBT or have you seen there work in person?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.