Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id really like to get some headlights that look like the ones on the high-end Lexus, BMW, Audi that shine in that white/blue color id prefer to do it without havin to upgrade to HID is this possible? if not what are some good headlights the shine either bluish or super white? (i hate the yellowish look of the stock bulbs)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
You are talking about HID, High Intensity Discharge lighting. You can find kits on ebay from $200-$500. I bought one for my Dak(9007 kit), but had trouble installing. Our trucks have a positive ground setup for the headlights. Meaning the ground is hot until you switch on the headlights, then it turns into a ground. I could only get the ballast to flicker and not fully charge up the lighting. I think it was the kit, but thought it was odd to have both ballast go out at the same time. I send it back to the dealer and in a month or so later he sends me back a H4 HID kit, which is for Hondas and such and will not fit. I ended up putting it in our Honda at the time. I wouldn't recommend BlingLights on ebay.

If you want Blue, get the 8000k kit. If you want more of a whitish blue get the 6000k kit. As far as some cheaper bulbs, the Nokya Artic White put off a blueish white light, but suck in the rain.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
a cheaper alternative to get the "look" ya want is just getting some new bulbs... i have some xenon bulbs that have a blue/brighter look compared to stock. i picked mine up on ebay for under $30 shipped for headlight bulb and fog light bulb set

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got silverstars from a distance they look blue then close the turn more white.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How much did ya pay for them?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow thats not bad at all. I may look into that sometime. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Go to www.hid-sin.com. They have the new Genisis kits that come with a 1 year warranty and you can pay an extra $35 and get the 2 year warranty. I have the 10K kit on my dak and I LOVE them.

·
Registered
717 Posts
hey u get new bulbs and u can choose the heat/color u want it 2 b

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use to have Luminics in my other truck. They were the brightest lights i have seen. They lasted pretty long too(~1 1/2 yr)
Then i upgraded to HIDs. I'd put the $ into HIDs. They last longer and provide more light.

·
Registered
140 Posts
here this may help cuz i was jsut as curious as u at one point.. If u dont want to spend alot but u want lexus/ bmw lgihting...go on ebay and ge the projector lamps, they come with halogen bulbs and when u install the new headlights u will get that BMX look and it will even go from blue to white depending on the engle u look at it.

Or u can do what i did and ge tthe projector lamps and then go get an HID kit and it will be bright as hell all the time;. Really all the HID kit does is give u better road lighting that u can actaully see.....Now if u jsut want to be an ass to other people and ahve ur lights look cool, jsut get blue tinted halogen bulbs and the projector lamps from ebay...

I think i payed around 450 for my HID kit and the projector headlgihts.
I got the 8000K McCulloch

·
Registered
251 Posts
You are talking about HID, High Intensity Discharge lighting. You can find kits on ebay from $200-$500. I bought one for my Dak(9007 kit), but had trouble installing. Our trucks have a positive ground setup for the headlights. Meaning the ground is hot until you switch on the headlights, then it turns into a ground. I could only get the ballast to flicker and not fully charge up the lighting. I think it was the kit, but thought it was odd to have both ballast go out at the same time. I send it back to the dealer and in a month or so later he sends me back a H4 HID kit, which is for Hondas and such and will not fit. I ended up putting it in our Honda at the time. I wouldn't recommend BlingLights on ebay.

If you want Blue, get the 8000k kit. If you want more of a whitish blue get the 6000k kit. As far as some cheaper bulbs, the Nokya Artic White put off a blueish white light, but suck in the rain.
I used the low beam positive wire from my wiring harness to trigger a heavy duty relay for my HID's. worked great and the ballast's draws power from the battery. I used 1 relay per side.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I know a guy that can build you a custom set of HIDS to whatever you like, the beamer look if choose. You provide the headlights (one piece is best) and he will mod them to be HID. If your interested, give me a pm and ill shoot you his info. You provide the headlights and about $500 will get you a one of a kind set

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
My .02, Without having to get the HID kit, I think about the brightest bulbs that I've seen with the color you're looking for are some PIAA's. Just one problem, they don't last long. But if you don't already, get some one piece headlights. That alone makes a difference. Plus whatever kit or bulbs you decide to get will be that much brighter.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
If you get 12-14k hids people will kill you,instant road rage.Theres a kid round here with 12k's and i i could see my shadow(of my head and shoulders) on an over pass 100yards in front of me.I was pissed.The 10k's should be bright enough for any lightin needs.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Ok i looked at the site and figured out that i guessed wrong when the kid said he got the brightest ones he could find.there the 4300k's.the brightest ones suck ass there so bright.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Can you get the blue HIDS anywhere like the mercedes and Beamers have? I like the light they have, bright but not so annoying...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts