Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New dodge owner from Daytona Beach!!! Just wanted to say hello. Have an 04 quad cab slt that got with valve seats dropped and overheated for $450. Nice inside and ok out side. 545rfe auto, and the 4.7 v8. Got me an 05 grand cherokee 4x4 engine from the yard that was crashed. Valve seats still intact. Ready to have my new radiator shipped and exhaust gaskets too. NGC 4( plug) ecm just like mine but with egr and mine didn’t have it. So guess I’ll be doing a block off plate out of 1/4” steel I have laying around. Also weird thing is that my block has the provisions for the 2 knock sensors like the HO but no knock sensors there and the engine I pulled did in fact have the sensors and the wiring. Heads are not HO, and was wondering if later years they switched to the ones like the HO? That was my understanding from what I have read. Anyway, engine looks really good, clean oil, coolant and everything!!! No sludge at all inside the valve covers either. No oil mess around the oil pan either. Found out it has around 184k on the car when I pulled the engine. The other ones that where there had too much oil crud all over the pan. Also quite a few Hemis there too but not doing a swap for the moment. Must’ve been around 12 or more that I counted. Well, just wanted to say hello and if anyone knows any tricks on this egr other than a plate the input will be appreciated ....

·
Administrator
6 Posts
Welcome to CustomDakotas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts