Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Im new. I been wanting to work on ym own truck since I was 13 now that I have a 97 dakota im wanting to know what are the does and don'ts Im wanting to put air suspension on it. here is the info. V6 mag stard cab 2wd please let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Welcome to the site. Your dakota sounds a lot like my previous Dakota. Are you going to attempt the install yourself? Have you done any other mods or worked on cars before?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site. Your dakota sounds a lot like my previous Dakota. Are you going to attempt the install yourself? Have you done any other mods or worked on cars before?
my first of my firsy i mean damn i have done nothing to it yet

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
welcome to the site man....
for starters research and research man......and never buy anything from AIM

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
Welcome to the site man!! Good luck with the project and ask as many questions as you can. Thats the best way to learn things at times. :)

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Will you be installing the kit yourself or having a shop do it? Have you worked on cars/trucks before? While it may seem easy to install air suspension, I have seen a lot of hack jobs that make me question how the person is still alive and hasn't crashed their vehicle. What is your budget? I can get you most of the parts for a good price, minus the cups and link setup.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will you be installing the kit yourself or having a shop do it? Have you worked on cars/trucks before? While it may seem easy to install air suspension, I have seen a lot of hack jobs that make me question how the person is still alive and hasn't crashed their vehicle. What is your budget? I can get you most of the parts for a good price, minus the cups and link setup.
well to be honest it would be great to find someone who lives in alabama who will talk to me about the does and don'ts. My budget well it isn't to high. Im restoring this truck carpet and dash and all. So far I have the baisc a truck four wheels and it gets em from point a to point b

·
Registered
230 Posts
welcome aboard, everyone has said it research lol, start with that then a budget is a good thing to know aswell,, im not much on knowing about the suspension but any audio and video i can help you out on

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
well i guess for starters how low do you want to go??? do you want to lay rocker, just lay frame, and ect. also do you plan on doing a body drop? and do you want the air tanks inside the bed of under it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts