Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i f***ed up bad today.Pulling off my thortle body i broke to pieces: one the cable connector that goes down to the tranny and a three way of i guess the vacum line.What i need to know is can i use parts off of gen2 daks cause thats all i can find at my local junkyards.Also how do i bore my thorrtle body out and still be able to use the stck flaps????:pissed_no3_by_LoveZ

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
245 Posts
Ok i f***ed up bad today.Pulling off my thortle body i broke to pieces: one the cable connector that goes down to the tranny and a three way of i guess the vacum line.What i need to know is can i use parts off of gen2 daks cause thats all i can find at my local junkyards.Also how do i bore my thorrtle body out and still be able to use the stck flaps????:pissed_no3_by_LoveZ
I'm guessing since it's a 2000 SLT then you have the 4.7L engine? If so that engine didn't come out until the 2000 model year so GEN II parts won't help you. You'll likely need to pick up a new TV cable from the dealership, or auto parts store. And a tee for a vaccum line as well.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mines a 3.9l v6 shulda said that before.And its just the connector at the top of the cable.Im goin to look anyway just to be sure i need to be able to drive.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K i did the bore, was realy easy and cant wait to drive the truck but i cant. :mad: Also i broke another piece of f***ing plastic (i official hate plastic more than anything else in this world!!!!!) and have to get 2 of the parts from the dealer,aka work.I found out that cant get the clip i have to get the hole cable(piss),and the newly broken pice is the breather elbow.Snaped straight the hell off. :mad: im having a realy bad week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey man sorry about the bad luck, hope ya get your TB back on and let me know how that goes, thinking of doing the same!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts