Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got a 97' Dak with a 3.9l mag, 5 spd manual. The other day something strange happened..
I started the truck, everything was normal for a few seconds and then the heat blower, the radio, dome light, and dash lights stopped working. I got home, figured it was a blown fuse or two.. and sure enough it was. The fuse for the blower motor was blown in the fuse box on the side of the dash. When I opened it up I noticed that someone had ran two wires for the radio (it's after-market) into the fuse's for the blower motor and the cigarette lighter.. not sure if that makes any difference or not, but it's been like that for at least a year with no issue.
So I replaced the blown fuse with an OEM 10A fuse, started the truck and it blew again. I successively increased the amps until I got to 30A, and it didn't blow. But now only the blower motor works properly.. the CD player and dome light will only work if the headlights are on. This doesn't make any sense to me, hopefully someone can lend a hand with this. It would save me a lot of stress and money.
If it's a poor ground or a short, any suggestions on where I should look first? Any help with this would be immensely appreciated, thanks in advance, Jerrot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.