Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just got a 2000 dakota sport with a 3.9 and I'm look in to give the engine a lot more power. I want to know where I can get the best supercharger, best exaust and all that stuff. I want to make my truck the meanest truck in Virginia Beach.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would go with a k & N cold air intake, umm i still cant find a supercharger i like, and when you get exhaust , make sure you get a flowmaster, gibson, or some type of high flow muffler, and get some 3 in pipeing, lol and if you have some more money get some 3in headers, But hey im here in hampton, you will have to hit me up sometime, and we can go cruising for a truck show, or for some trucks to stomp lol
later

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know of any other companies besides JBA that make headers for the 3.9L??.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
gibson makes headers for the 3.9's too. as for performance

get a tb, roller rockers, gears, mod the intake, exhuast, cold air intake, elec fan, and if you really wanna tear into it get yourself a cam and port the heads, then you'll have a really fun truck....and if that's not enough, there is always nitrous

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
When you do the exhaust go from the heads back.I would say get gibson ceramic or stainless headers(they say they will not rust),magnaflow cat, and flowmaster 40series muffs with some big pipeing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK here the list of mod that I had done on my 3.9 was a 5.9L Throttle body, 180 T-Stat = Performance = cool engine (Note 185 T stat = economy), Autolite 3932 Plugs. To me I had a bit more pick up. I only spent $180.00. Throttle body I pick mine up at a local Pull A part with the linkage. Because the 3.9L linkage is too sort and will cause your engine to have a high idle. I'm not sure if any one had posted on here to remove your fan clutch (Note fan clutch rob power) and replacing it with a Electric fan with some wiring

·
kota boy
183 Posts
does the 180 teromshtat actually make a difference

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 50hp shot on mine with a mild port polish job and my truck just screams! Nos is the best bang for the buck when it comes to horsepower!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a stock 93 dakota and i wanna do pretty much everything possible to make this thang do tha peak of its potential? lemme know wat all i can do, performance wise, to make my truck unreal. thanks,

Stunt

·
Registered
125 Posts
if any one is interested i have a v8 tb fore sale. i am curentaly building a snoty v6 for my 98. if you have any questions let me know

·
Registered
133 Posts
you should also get in contact with ScSilverDak, who is on this site as well as about 5 others, including DTW and dak-dur... Ron's a great guy, very helpful and very knowledgable... can't recall what he did with the 2wd, but his 4wd Dak is a 3.9 supercharged

·
Registered
985 Posts
i ahd my old dak 3.9 with a supercharger kit i buaght online came with everything i needed it wasnt any well known name but still gabe me 7psi boost and i had the boost cotroler inside the truck to tune it on the go. but that wasnt enough i ened up spraying it on top with 50 shot and got the engine ported pollished form the local race shop here.

i miss that truck now the kid that buaght it from me has lost control of it 3 times that i know of trying to pass some one on dry pavment.

but if i were you i would look up supercharger kit for it i knwo there are some out there. also there a company with turbo set ups for most late model trucks maybe look into that rout aswell.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have a v8tb, Jet stage II chip, Airaid CAI w/ K&N Filter, Relocated IAT sensor, 19lb 4hole injectors, Magnaflow exhaust, 180 T-stat and dyno'd at 210hp and 237tq at the flywheel. Was gonna build up the 6 but I'm leaning more and more towards a 360 swap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts