Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how difficult it is to transplant the new Hemi's into the third gen 97-04 Dakotas. Do they have the same drivetrain as the 4.7's?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've tossed the idea up a few times just waitin for a new magnum to get the rear end clobbered. My only concern is the wiring/dash and SPACE!

·
Registered
51 Posts
to the many car and truck shows i go to i met someone who said he was in the process that the problems were he had to push the fire-wall back two inches. thats all he said he had to do. So far i havent seen it so. . . . i think its pretty tricky. i think the hardest wolud be the wiring. . .

·
Smurf
263 Posts
too easy all you really have to do is switch out the heads on your motor with the hemi heads that is all the differance there is in the motors the hemispherical shaped heads cause for greater combustion and more xplosive return of the pistons causing more power you do not have to swap motors all you have to do us find the heads

·
Registered
361 Posts
it wont work like that all the new motors are to there own design if it wer a magnum or pre magnum than yea you can swap heads between 318 and 340 and 360 but not a hemi head on a reg small block nor then or now

·
Registered
22 Posts
the guy on dak-dur. kept the trans in the same place and fabbed engine mounts to move the engine forward. full stand alone for tunning. its completely doable. just takes some work and ability to trouble shoot. i'm sure there are gonna be some issues when he tries to get it on the road

1 - 7 of 7 Posts