Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm Tach, I own a 1992 Dakota (state the obvious). I also race motorcycles, I own a 90 ZX-6 that's biult, and now I'm looking to biuld my truck. About the only thing I've done to my truck is replaced the shift head with a B&M T-handel, but that really ain't worth mentioning I don't think. But hey, you'll all get to know me as I post more and more.

EDIT:
And what's with the custom bux on the side by where I live?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
What's up Tach. That's cool you race bikes, I have an '05 R1. As far as "Custom Bux", somebody has that posted in a new Thread, check it out. I responded with what I know about it. So, what all have you got done to the 6? A friend of mine just bought the new '07 6, he got it last week. I think it looks alot better in person. When I saw it online, I wasn't too thrilled about it and I thought Kawi was making some smart steps towards design, but it's pretty nice. My R1 is pretty much stock other than alot of cosmetics, but as far as performance, I have the GYTR exhaust, Braided brake lines, stuff like that. I'm more than pleased with it's power. Before I got my R1, I had two FZR600's, one an '89 and the other a '90. But I had hella sh!t done to those. I sold both of'em after I got my R1. But anyways welcome to the site and if you get a chance, post some pics of that bike. L8R

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the 6 I got a V&H 4-1 exhaust, new carbs 3MM bigger, cams, springs, braided brake lines, and some new plastic. Not much really, but I want to rebiuld it soon because its got 35k of abused miles on it. The guy who owned it before me isn't able to walk right anymore, he back-fliped it at about 80. I bought it from him with all the stuff on it. The only thing I've done is fix some minor things leftover from the crash. He replaced the plastic and everything, got it road legal, but I just got to get a new sidecase, chain+sprockets, and tires for this year's riding season, last year they passed inspection, but they changed soooo many inspection laws in Maine its annoying. I'll post pic's when I get my camera back.

·
Registered
251 Posts
welcome to the site! I used to ride sportbikes as well. My last sportbikes were 2003 GSXR1000 with a power commander and a Yosh full system and a 2002 GSX1300R with a 8"+ over swing arm, lowered 3.5" removed EFI for a set of Lectron carbs, orient express cylinder head, custom ground cams, 13.5 to 1 pistons, NX nitrous system and a Vance & Hines pro pipe. Now I have a 00 Dyna Wide Glide and a 01 Street Glide.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That's cool. Do you have a salvage title or something on the 6? (as far as the inspection laws and what not) Or does Maine have some messed up motorcycle laws, cuz that would suck! Here, it's just get a tag and you're good to go. Although they are getting pretty strict around here and pulling everybody over and inspecting their bikes as far as blinkers and stuff like that and making sure registration is correct and that you have insurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts