Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
For an extra $20 you can get the HI/LOW option. Just thought I'd throw that in there. I know someone who bought a set of these for his Dakota from DDM on another forum but after installing them the hi/low didn't work. He only had low beam. Just waiting to see how he makes out with the warranty issue before I order a set or two.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
For an extra $20 you can get the HI/LOW option. Just thought I'd throw that in there. I know someone who bought a set of these for his Dakota from DDM on another forum but after installing them the hi/low didn't work. He only had low beam. Just waiting to see how he makes out with the warranty issue before I order a set or two.
let us know

·
Registered
236 Posts
x3... I saw those the other day on another fourm and someone said that they heard that the hi/lo opt. isn't really working.... glad i didn't order yet.

·
CDOM March 2009
1,936 Posts
i used to have a hi/low kit. but the high beam was standard gas, and very dull. it was from a different company, but i wouldn't pay extra for hi/low again.

·
Photo Nazi/Post Whore
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hi/lo could be that there isnt enough power and you need the extra wire harness. (maybe, idk)

I'm thinking of picking a set up for wifes car and seeing how they do.

Anyone else have experiance with this company? They have slim ballast kits for 49$ but idc if they're slim or not, the get hidden out of the way anyway

·
2,302 Posts
I'll keep everyone in the loop about what happens with the HID kit this guy bought. That's the only thing holding me back right now from buying a set. Hellava good price but it wouldn't be worth shit if DDM didn't honor their warranty and make it right.

·
I HATE SPAMMERS
2,461 Posts
I'll keep everyone in the loop about what happens with the HID kit this guy bought. That's the only thing holding me back right now from buying a set. Hellava good price but it wouldn't be worth shit if DDM didn't honor their warranty and make it right.

Thanks Pete............:1237:

·
CDOM March 2009
1,936 Posts
theres a reason theyre $30, crappy light pattern, annoying to other drivers, etc etc etc.
i thought the headlight design, affected the light pattern more than just the bulb? as in a stock no center reflector housing lets the light straight out and not dispersing correctly, where as a center reflector would reflect light back into the housing causing a better dispersion pattern.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have the apex cone from ddm tunning and i love them i have hi/lo option and it works great no problems what so ever i have the 55w and every thing to my door was like 75 dollars cant beat the price several guys in my town have the same brand and haven had any problems other than a guy had a ballast burn out and they replaced it with in two weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
i have the apex cone from ddm tunning and i love them i have hi/lo option and it works great no problems what so ever i have the 55w and every thing to my door was like 75 dollars cant beat the price several guys in my town have the same brand and haven had any problems other than a guy had a ballast burn out and they replaced it with in two weeks.
2weeks sounds like a little bit to get your lights back

·
2,302 Posts
A ballast isn't exactly a thing you can run down to the corner store and buy. You could revert back to the old lighting system in a pinch if needed.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts