Dodge Dakota Forums banner

41 - 60 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
so when you gona sell the pitbike and buy a real bike? how tall are you? you must be a bit big for that thing get 250 or a 450 even an old 500. mo powa!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
ya i live in an area with a lot of trail riding and access to a few big pits so i have the ability to ride any kind of toy i can get my hands on

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
haha sounds good ill put ya up in my spare bedroom as long as you dont mind staying in a trailer. lol and you gota wait for me to get an offroad toy of my own

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
A little update on the HID's and the error code eliminater that the guy installed on his Dakota ...

Sorry I havent updated you guys in a while. I have been extremely busy with work lately. I received my error code eliminator for the HIDs. I installed them the same night I received them, but they didnt fix the problem. I was all pissed off, so I decided to call DDM instead of messing with their online tech support. I was VERY happy that I did, because the guy I talked to solved my problems. Apparently they use the same wiring harness for the 9004 and 9007 hi/lo kits. The wiring/pins in the plug is defaulted for the 9004 bulbs. For the 9007 you have to swap the ground and low beam pins. After I did that, everything worked great. I now have high and low beams. I sent back the error code eliminators and they didnt charge me the $15 restocking fee, which I was happy about. The only thing I was mad about after I found out the problem, was that they didnt tell you this in the instructions or even just swap the pins before shipping it to you. I told the guy on the phone that and he said he will mention it to the higher ups. SOOOOO, if you were looking at getting a HID kit from DDM, go for it. I will edit this post with the pin wiring diagram, so you know which ones to swap.

EDIT: Below is the wiring diagram. The only thing you need to know, is that you have to swap the pins labeled "ground" and "low beam" in the 9007 plug. To do so, just use a small pointed object (I used my pocket knife) to push the 'barb' back and pull the pin/wire out of the plug. The 'barb' is located on the open side of the plug (opposite side of the wires). If you dont know what I am talking about, let me know and I will take mine back apart and do a how to with pictures and better description.

Attachments

·
2,302 Posts
I ordered one set for now to see how it goes. If everything goes according to plan I'll order a second set down the road. Gonna install em on the 4x4 since it's my daily driver and I use it 9 months outta the year. One thing that might screw me up is the daytime running lights that all vehicles have here in Canada have. I don't know how the HID's are gonna operate under the reduced electrical of the DRL. If worse comes to worse I'll unhook em. I did that to Sully already so it's not a big deal. I ordered the 35W, 9007, HI/LOW, 8000K's.

·
June CDOM!!
934 Posts
No error code eliminator is needed. Switch the pins like posted in my attachment and your good to go.
Thank you that was greatly appreciated now lets see if they will cancel my order for the error code eliminator since it has not been shipped yet.
This fix takes about 5 mins to do very easy:049:
Will try and get pics of the high and lows tonight

·
2,302 Posts
Thank you that was greatly appreciated now lets see if they will cancel my order for the error code eliminator since it has not been shipped yet.
This fix takes about 5 mins to do very easy:049:
Will try and get pics of the high and lows tonight
So you all wired up and good to go? What did you go with for wattage and light color?

41 - 60 of 243 Posts