Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to be bagging my truck in the near future (hopefully), and i was wondering how low can i go without body droping it. i wil be doing a c-notch in the rear, and cutting out the front fenders

any sugestions on what to buy for my dak. (its a 04' QC 2wd)

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dumb question, what do u mean "z-ing the front clip." and what would be involved in replacing all crossmembers, is there alot of fab work to do.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here cause I don't have a bagged truck nor do I have any immediate plans to do it. But taking a educated guess I'd say Z'in the frame would involve cutting the frame at or near the firewall. Taking the front frame clip and tucking it upwards. Then filling in the void space by welding in some heavy ass big square tubing.

By doing this the front crossmember [which would normally bottom out before the length of the entire frame] is now higher than the rest of the frame. This would allow your truck to truly "lay frame".

Right?

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much would that run me and how many labor hrs would that take to do. is this some thing i have to bring to a shop to do or can i get one of my friends to help me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts