Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im getting everything ready to bag my truck and when looking under it I just noticed my frame is bent! I dont know if it will be a big deal or not will someone please help me! It is only about a foot and a half section on the pass. side at the back of the cab just before the bed. The body and all corners are even.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Damn dude that sucks, what happened? I would take it to a shop to see how bad they think it is. If the frame is to messed up, you could always just get a tube frame made up for the bags.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
Yeah, take it to a frame shop and get them to let you know how bad it really is. If it doesn't go along the frame rail where your gonna put a c-notch over the rear axle I don't really see it affecting anything because the bent frame section won't really come into play if it's under the cab. Better to be safe than sorry though. You could have more structural damage that might not be as noticeable.

·
Whore King
16,796 Posts
Shit that dont look good.I can tell you that i think it looks like somethin that should be fixed and that im surrprised ur never noticed the way the car felt driving.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought the truck it was like that when I got it. I cant belive I didnt notice this! I am kickin myself now. It does drive fine I think im gonna just try and bag it and see what happens, or will it not be safe? I want to SFBD it sometime anyway, just not yet

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How hard would it be to build my own tube frame? Is it even something I should attempt? Im pretty mechanically inclined and can weld but far from an expert

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Do you have a frame table, or know anything about building frames or know what is involved? Does anyone else drive your dakota, and do you have any kids that will be riding in your dak? Do you really feel safe/comfortable with all this knowing that all that is holding your dak together is your welds that are far from expert? Do you have a second vehicle to drive while you build the frame on this one? And lastly do you realize how much time an effort is involved?

Answer these questions, and you will know if you should attempt this on your own.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have a friend in Joplin MO, its not that far from you, His name is Kyle Dimetroff. He is currently building me a set of control arms, and has built several terrific show quality rides. He will shoot you a good price and does damn good work. He has a website for his laser brackets and things, http://guiltybydesign.net/estore/portal.php

1 - 12 of 12 Posts