Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
dak0ta_g33k said:
might i suggest a srt-8 charger or magnum...?

:D
I agree, I have magnum r/t, but dream of the SRT. One day. . .

·
Registered
180 Posts
personally im a big fan of my buddies srt-4, damn is that thing quick and half way decent on gas too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good suggestions but before i go to a srt 8 anything im going to wait and see what kind of problems they might have with them.

love to find a pretty cheap cummins and drop about 10grand in the motor

·
Registered
442 Posts
Not to mention at a car show yesterday they had some parked there with $43,000 price tags....but a SWEET ass 6.1L Hemi sitting in there....I would LOVE to get one and stuff it in a Dak....SWEEEEET! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
no one likes the srt-4s around here huh. i dont see why not... there 4 door, 4 cylinder and they run low 14's stock. drop $1k in the motor and you'll be in the mid-low 12's. and all this for a lil more then $20K brand new! tell me whats wrong with any of that

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nothing wrong with them at all...I personally love them. For about $5G you can put a stage three on her and be in the low 12's easy,plus get good MPG, one friend in the MAD RT club is hitting 29 MPG in his stock one :D

But admit it...a 6.1 L Hemi SRT8 would be bad as hell stuffed under a daks hood...:eek:

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
brad99rt59 said:
But admit it...a 6.1 L Hemi SRT8 would be bad as hell stuffed under a daks hood...:eek:
Damn straight. I don't think mopar is selling the 6.1L SRT motors by themselves. You have to try and find one from a boneyard.

·
Registered
180 Posts
oh hell yeah a 6.1L would be crazy under the hood of a dak. as long as you dont mind like 6mpg!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Karas3434 said:
oh hell yeah a 6.1L would be crazy under the hood of a dak. as long as you dont mind like 6mpg!
There not that bad on gas. I would think it wouldn't be any worse than a 5.9. Our 5.7l Hemi in the Magnum gets about 20mpg mixed driving and that is with me punching it just about whenever I can.

·
Registered
442 Posts
you get much better than that...HWY on those engines are 14 according to the factory. You are thinking of the 8.0L engine from Vipers whick average betwwen 6-9 MPG

·
Registered
59 Posts
dodgedakotamccoy said:
that would be sweet as hell in a dak i mean 8.0L, but imgine this a built cummins in a short wheel base reg cab 6spd dak
Judging my 7200 lb. 2001 Quad cab short bed cummins 6 speed with everything i have done to it, that would be a very beautiful idea.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
dodgedakotamccoy said:
banks performance has done it with a salt flat truck and they hold the world speed record for a deisel
yeah i saw the vids on there site....that thing si sweet

1 - 20 of 27 Posts