Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If You Remove Driver And Passenger Air Bags How Many Problems If Any Accure Such As Computer Fault. Dash Warning Lights, What Can Be Done To Make These Problems Go Away.

·
Registered
92 Posts
my airbag light came on then i took the bulb off then the seatbelt lighte came on got to pull that bulb 2 hope no other light come on after that

·
Registered
138 Posts
So how hard is it to take the airbags out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Removed Airbag From Steering Wheel And Cut The Wires From The Clock Spring And Removed The Clockspring. Then I Removed The Passenger Airbag By Unplugging Connection From Bag. I Left All Other Wires Intacked. I Did Have Airbag Light On Dash The Bulb Is Soldered In. So I Put A Piece Of Black Electrial Tape On The Back Of Gauge Cluster. Inportant Note Unhook Battery And Leave Unhooked For 30 Minutes Before Starting Is Proceedure.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for the help but know I think i ll keep mine....i am so lazy.

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
steering wheel airbag is easy to get into. i've not ripped further into my 2001-2004 dash setup to get to the passenger airbag. but for regular and club cabs, there is a switch to disable the passenger airbag, with it turned off i'm quite sure the errors on that side will be ignored.

·
Registered
5 Posts
just a warning guys...it against the law to remove an airbag from a vehicle that has one installed from the factory. trust me my girlfriends brother did it when he installed a ps2 in his dash. when he went in for an oil change the dealership didnt like what they saw. so just thought you guys should know

·
Registered
140 Posts
not to be mean, but if u can rip out an airbag and custom mount in a ps2 in its spot, then why in hell are u having someone else do oil changes for u. shouldnt an oil change be a walk in the park?? i dunno lol i do all my own maintenance. I know what mechanics do to ur vehicle when u bring them in, they tend to loosen bolts that they shouldnt so that ur ride brakes downa dn u got to bring it in again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is true but if I went thru the list of every modifation that against the law on a custom truck I wouldn't have enough paper. From stereos to loud to bumpers to low or to high. What I'm saying is be smart don't drive reckless with beer in hand to bring unlawfull attention to yourself. As for the dealer pointing out the problem it's thier duty you are breaking the LAW!

·
Registered
442 Posts
he deserved to get bitched at for one two reasons....one he ain't doing something that simple himself, and two he went to a dealer for an oil change!

I don't know the legalities of it, but I do know insurance will screw you. If you have them installed factory and claim you have them on your insurance (ie don't say they are disabled) and you get in an accident, your insurance policy is VOID...and you could be SCREWED!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts