Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the time is finally here. i just ordered the everything else to bag the rear besides the air bags themselves, and i will get all that on the 28th. My two air zenith compressors are being rebuilt and being sent back to me by Monday. i will be getting my frame notched this sun (11/26) along with my air bag cups trimmed to help lay. i will be bagging it prob the first weekend of Dec. damn i am so excited i cant wait.:D

I do have one question though.....what size bags should i use in the rear? right now i have 6" slam specialties, and didn't know if i should use 6" or 7" in the rear. What do you guys think?

·
223 Posts
Are you using those same link bars? If so I was using a 7" bag and it took about 40 lbs. to lift off the ground and max lift around 100 lbs. Using a 6" bag would raise both pressures slightly. In other words. Larger bag can run lower pressure but use more volume, smaller bag runs more pressure but uses higher volume.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep i am using those same link bars.....i will also be running two Air zenith compressors with my 12 gal tank and 1/2" fill valves with 3/8" dump valves with 1/2" OD air line all around.
What do you guys think i should use. i already have the 6" in the front.

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
I run slam 7s on front of my 01. They work great, Id say if you have the sixs up front run the 7s. I dont know about the 6s but the 7s have good lift.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright guys i guess i will go with the re7's then......i will order them mid next week, and hopefully have it badged by the 10th of dec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts